“Great place & Friendly host”
Review of Grove Guest House

Grove Guest House
Ranked #13 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Great place & Friendly host”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Hazel and her mom was great host. Hazel was very kind, polite, Its treat me not like a guest. She treated me as family member. She provide me information about tourist places. She told many story about her career live in past and adventure around a world. She talked about her story about charity and traveling experience. And I told her a humble story about me. I was in Halloween day at Hazel home and he told a lot about Halloween tradition and custom. She was humorous and kind with child of treat or dare customs.

Hazel’s breakfast was very tasty and healthy too. She offer it upon my preference which let me choose from menu like hotel once. Hazel insist upon me to eat breakfast but I can’t because of my daily routine.

Hazel’s room was classical, very cozy and tidy. Not only the room was clean also the bathroom was super clean.

Hazel’s house has many of family picture and, also, its has a lot handmade antique don’t hesitate to ask her about its each piece story.

The neighborhood is near to forest gate station and not so far from many parks and stafford Westfield mall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mohammed A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Hazel is an absolute star and a perfect host who really takes pride in looking after her guests. I was amazed, as a non-diary vegetarian who doesn't take gluten, at the quality and selection on offer to fit my diet. The room was a good size and tastefully furnished, the bed extremely comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Grove Guest House to anyone. You really could not ask for a more welcoming, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I've stayed at the Grove Guest house a few times now & have further trips planned. As I live in Norfolk but work in the City of London, I often like to stay down a few nights in the week. I find the Grove guest house perfect for what I'm after, I stay in a large en-suite room with a well comfy bed. You also get a perfect breakfast in the morning, couldn't fault the brekkie. And Hazel is the perfect landlady, friendly & welcoming, she can also cook up an evening meal if required. I find this place a far superior & cheaper alternative to other London hotels in my opinion. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AtTheRaces_13
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at Grove Guest House for 2 nights. We were attending a festival at Queen Elizabeth Park and staying 2 stops away by National Rail was very convenient. We had a room with the ensuite bathroom. The bedroom was a good size and clean and cute. We arrived early and Hazel accomodated us. She had the room cleaned quickly and we were good to go. Communication is a breeze and she is a great host. She is quick to offer water, a spot of tea and provides a fantastic breakfast, which if you're lucky with the weather you can head in the English garden. (We had awesome weather! Super lucky!). You truly feel like a guest in her home!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenny C
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Hazel is a truly amazing host and a lovely person, I felt like I was being looked after as though I was family. I will certainly be staying again.

The room was a good size, clean and comfortable. It also had ensuite with a nice powerful, hot shower.

I was allowed to check in early and Hazel fed me as soon as I arrived. There was a problem with the trains so she drove me to a different station. On my last evening Hazel cooked me a lovely dinner before dropping me off at the train station yet again! Not to mention all the cups of hot lemon and honey she made me to help soothe my throat.

• Stayed May 2013