“Price does not reflect what is on offer”
Review of Chiswick Rooms

Chiswick Rooms
Ranked #678 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Chiswick Rooms is well located in terms of distance from the tube station and is on positioned next to a major road. However, do not be fooled to think that Chiswick is a hop away from central London (it's about 30 minutes on the tube in case you are not away).

The hotel itself was spacious enough for a night over whilst on business, but I would not want to spend too much time here due to a lack of space. The bathroom only had a shower and basic sanitary, which was cramped. However, all the furnishings were clean and well maintained.

There was no restaurant or dining facilities, so breakfast nor dinner was a possibility. The main street the hotel is adjacent to, boasted a few choices that would suit all pallets (I have reviewed the Moroccan I went to).

I have nothing to say about the customer service as they did their job checking me in efficiently and that's all the requirement I had of them.

To conclude, the hotel was comfortable and the location was acceptable. The price however, I found a little steep considering the distance from central London and no dining facilities.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Richard W

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night whilst in London for a business trip. The room was not huge but was perfect for what I required. Only a minute walk to the tube line and a pub and cafe within 30 seconds of walking.

Would recommend for single person or couples travelling to London.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Having read plenty of reviews I knew I was in for a compact experience but I didn't realise quite how small the room would be! Saying that, it was well appointed and I was well looked after; front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. I gave up the battle of wifi after the code I was given refused to work but that was merely a minor irritation. Overall I was happy with the stay and would consider booking again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Having read the previous trip advisor comments I was aware when I booked this hotel that the rooms are small. I chose it because it was near Stamford Brook tube and therefore convenient as I was working with a client near Hammersmith, and also because the accommodation was within a fairly tight budget on this occasion.

The good points - I received a friendly welcome from the gentleman on reception and the premises keep the front glass door locked so that it felt safe. The premises are newly decorated and bright. My room on the ground floor was very clean, furnishings felt like they were decent quality, and the room had good aircon, a good TV, a decent shower and good lighting plus free wifi that worked well. So everything a business traveller needs.

The bad points. I had booked their largest size of double room, but it was still very small and the bathroom was ridiculously tiny. There was a horrible stale smell in the corridor and my room had a tiny window high up on the wall so really felt more like a cell than a room. The soundproofing in the building is not fit for purpose and I was kept awake first by a guest playing loud music at 12:30am and then by constant plumbing noises.

This is probably a case of getting what you pay for. I cannot argue with the cleanliness and specification of the rooms, but they are just too small, and I hate to think what the smaller rooms are like. I also do not think my "double room" would work for two people and I was glad I had it to myself. Having said that it is cheapish by London standards and there are far worse places at a similar price. Would I stay at Chiswick Rooms again though? No thanks, just a bit too small and cell-like for me.

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor at the back would be quiet. Front facing rooms are on a busy road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sirbalkansobranie
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Lets start with the positives. Hotel is conveniently located just off Chiswick High Road and close to Stamford Brook Tube. Our twin room was spotlessly clean with quality sanitary ware in the bathroom.
Sadly the negatives - our twin room was ridiculously small so much so that when one stood up the other had to sit on the bed out the way. There is virtually no storage and the fridge advertised is tiny- no room even for a bottle of wine.
And the bathroom - or the size (or lack of it) only 0.8m wide with a toilet on one side and a shower on the other side which worked fine. The hand basin is in the middle and you have to keep the bathroom door open to use it.
The room is so small and claustrophobic we could only sleep in it.
Would we stay here again? Not a chance - sorry but it is only right that our reviews are honest.

Room Tip: Avoid the small twin rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
KenWestChisRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Chiswick Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Chiswick Rooms.

The Chiswick Rooms has been awarded 4* guest accommodation from the Quality in Tourism board. I am glad to hear that your room was spotless, our housekeeping team work hard, to provide all our guests a clean comfortable stay with us.

The team and I are obviously extremely disappointed to see that we did not exceed your expectations. It saddens me to know that you did not get a nice feeling from one of our rooms, which are normally very popular with our guests.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering a satisfactory experience for you on this occasion, I hope that at some point in the future, we will be able to welcome you back. Should you require any further assistance from me please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the Chiswick Rooms.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The photos really don't do this place justice! After a frantic last minute search for a hotel in London with much shocked balking at prices we "settled" for this place because for the location it seemed pretty good value. On arrival I couldn't believe the high standard of the place. The furniture was much nicer (it's not all cheap ikea stuff as it looks), the shower room was beautifully finished and very nice to use, there was a fridge, air con, flat screen (too high up on the wall- my only complaint!), speakers for the TV in the shower room (so impressed with this!), nice comfy firm bed, stereo with line in. Lovely coffee shop 10 seconds walk for breakfast and the tube 2 minutes in the other direction. Lots of nice places to visit, eat and drink on Chiswick high street a few minutes walk away. Frame bed allowed plenty of room to stash cases. Yes the rooms are tiny, but if you can live with that they're great and well planned. So pleased we found this!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Interacdiv
KenWestChisRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Chiswick Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such kind comments on Tripadvisor in relation to your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that we met your expectations. A lot of thought has been put into making the Chiswick Rooms the perfect place to stay for all our guests. The Chiswick Rooms offers all our guests the necessary essentials that every traveller requires such as: flat screen HD TVs, ample power outlets with EU sockets, Free Wi-Fi, Mini Fridge, Individually controlled Air-conditioning and heating, Free Calls to local and national numbers, Worldwide calls at VoIp charges, IPhone docking stations that enable guests to charge their iPhones and play their music, Anti-allergy pillows and duvets, Luxurious World renowned Hypnos beds in every room, Complimentary Enhanced tea and coffee facilities. The hotel is in the perfect location for both business and leisure. It is located within easy reach to the centre of London and the West End. Within a couple of minutes walk you will be at the underground station (Stamford Brook in Zone 2) which gives great links to all the attractions in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and continuing to be your preferred accommodation choice when you are in London.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a perfect place to stay. Great value for money and so close to the tube (Stanford Brook. Love Chiswick by the way. Chiswick High Road is a very nice street with tons of shops, restaurants and coffee places. So enough for breakfast. If you want to have a quiet room try to ask for one on the upper floor. We were on the 1 st floor and because it is an old building you can hear some "walking" noise from the upstairs rooms. For us it was not really disturbing because we had quiet guests above us! Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chiswick Rooms and for your kind praises. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and you have great memories of the time spent with us and found it to be a good value. We have 4 floors at the Chiswick Rooms, our guests can make a request to stay upstairs if they prefer. We will try and endeavor to meet your request. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.