“enjoyed our stay”

Novotel London Blackfriars
Ranked #143 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for a short break. We were checked in quickly and given a twin bedded room on the fourth floor. The room had no view but we were not there much so this wasn't missed. The room itself was well appointed, well lit and the bathroom was nice, the toiletries are minimal though and not very good quality. The beds were a bit disappointing, quite soft mattresses and which dip in the middle, not our cup of tea. The spa is nice, room service meal , lovely, the breakfast was fine, the restaurant is nice and airy. All in all a nice stay.

Room Tip: We did ask for a high floor but were told all the twin bedded rooms are on the fourth floor which se...
1  Thank Linktrain
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to our hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the beds. I can confirm that all our twin bedded rooms are located on the 4th floor.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit to London.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Clean and comfy room. Decent shower, good free internet speed, great location and efficient staff. Breakfast was £16 so I didn't bother with it.

Tourists can walk to Westminster from the hotel in ten minutes or there's Southwark tube station a two minute walk away or Waterloo in five.

At approx £200/night it's about par for its class and location. Recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future for another visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights last week. Accommodations were very good, hotel common areas and rooms were spotless and relatively new. Rooms a small but it is Europe! I did not use the pool and gym in the lower level but they looked very nice and might have had I had more time or small children. The location was good, between 2 tube stations and very close to the Tate Modern in the SouthWark section, a short taxi ride to the busy areas like Soho, Convent Garden and the West End. (we walked a few times) Not a lot of nearby nightlife but the neighborhood is fine.

My only minor complaint would be about a few of the the staff, who from time to time were a little lackluster. We were not happy with the location of our room and at first were told that nothing could be done. Not until we realized that the dressing mirror was missing (this was a deal breaker) and made a fuss were we moved. Other times a request in the restaurant was met with a blank stare or completely forgotten, but I really can't say it was anything major and I did find some of the front desk people (and bartenders) to be quite helpful and nice. This is not a luxury hotel, but is Very respectable, well run, very clean and a good value.

Room Tip: Not first floor you could be over restaurant kitchen.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about your request for a room move, which we have since addressed.

I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back for your next visit to London.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

As usual, Novotel delivers a great service from check in to check out, top marks all round and great service from the lady behind reception with a super personality sorry I can not remember your name!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ned K

I am extremely satisfied to read your fantastic review about your stay with us and that it was a true pleasure for you.

It is great that you have been given a great service from the check in and check out and I appreciate your comment about our staff at the reception.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit to London.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Sometimes it happens that you stay in a hotel and you can't find any problem, even with the most critical approach. That is the case of this Novotel, recently open very close to another one and to the Ibis in the same block, in London Southbank area. The hotel is a perfect starting point to visit Central London, being very close to the Jubilee Tube Station and not far from the center even walking. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable, with a modern style and a marvelous glass separating bedroom and toilet (glass that can be darkened to preserve the privacy...). The only drawback is that prices are not very cheap, even if in line with the price level in Central London.

Room Tip: Higher floors rooms are better
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

needed a room for the night close to waterloo, thats what i got. front desk staff clueless, room equipped ok, comfortable sleep, road noise was not a problem on the 3rd floor. did not have a chance to use the pool, won't be rushing back but its ten minutes comfortable walk from waterloo so location is the main selling point!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for staying with us and I would like to thank you for your feedback.

I am very surprised to read your comments about the reception and I can assure you that we are training our staff daily on all aspects of the job.

I am still very glad that you had a comfortable sleep and that you liked our location.

I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013