“Another great night”

An Accor traveller
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (2,456)

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The price- I paid £ 280 for 1 adult and 2 children- 10 and 12 years old. I thought it was going to be something extra as that is a lot of money for 3- not even adults. It wasn't worth the money at all. When we were leaving- being 1/2 French- I overheard the receptionist talking to some French customers- and saying that 3 adults for this weekend would be £ 180! I don't know of course what type of room and if Breakfast was included- but that is just plain redicilous- 100 £ less for 3 adults. The breakfast staff gave me 3 pots of cold coffee- I had to asked the 4th time for warm! and I got it. One off that staff gave my son hot chocolate- holding the coffee cup around where you put your lips- no saucer - to avoid contact- then holding the jug off hot chocolate in his hand. That's the type of service I would expect in a 2 star Parisian hotel - not even there as that is basic knowledge. I asked for the jug off hot chocolate and pored my son a new cup off chocolate. I had to get my own cutlery as no one did. Just to much people and bad service in breakfast room. Breakfast otherwise good. Beds were hard and pillow really hard- not nice at all. Pool Ok but cold. Sauna nice! showers nice. Sauna not on until 10 am in morning- should have been on earlier- when it came on- took for ever to warm up. Pool freezing in morning.

Room Tip: I had a superior room- which i don't think it was.....
2  Thank AnnaFrancoise
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel London Blackfriars, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I have passed your comments regarding the breakfast to our Food and Beverage Manager and I can ensure you that he will be taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

I was very surprised to hear you did not like our leisure area as it has always been praised by our guests. The temperature of our swimming pool it is in between 25 to 28 degrees.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel London Blackfriars.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank theelk45

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Very modern hotel, spotlessly clean, lovely swimming pool with cinema wall showing underwater marine fish, very relaxing, pool even had underwater speakers! very close to Southwark tube station so easy to get around. Will definitely use again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to receive a five star review.

I am very happy to hear you loved our leisure area and that you liked our perfect location.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've been to this hotel for one night with a friend to attend a fashion event.

The service was very nice. They allowed us an early check-in, because we had to change into costumes for the fashion event and arrived at 10AM. There is a paying early check-in option, but it's not guaranteed.

The room is big for a London hotel. It's modern, the bed comfortable. Our room had a very square design. Too square and green in my personal taste.

The bathroom had an embarassing feature and was complicated to use.

There is only lightly stained glass between the bed and the bathroom. There is a button to make it completely see-through. My friend could see me under the shower through the stained glass. I touched one button by mistake which made it completely see-through.

The shower was complicated, and I almost burned my hand changing the temperature. You don't know what's on, what's off, what's cold, what's hot, and what is the top or bottom shower setting. The design was bad.

The hotel has a restaurant, Elements. I tried it for lunch and dinner, it was good. I loved the squash salad. They have a large choice in cocktails and has entertainment for the children (Xbox, Ipads with games...)

Blackfriars wasn't the nicest place I've stayed in London. There are many bars and restaurants, but it doesn't feel very safe at night. We noticed there are many homeless sleeping under the bridges. We didn't feel "in danger", but it lacks charm and close points of interest. We could see "The Shard" building and interesting architecture around, but I didn't like the area.

All in all, nice hotel, bad shower, lovely service, not so great area. Couple and family friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Where_is_my_room

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel London Blackfriars, I am happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable.

All our rooms are the New Generation Novotel rooms and come with the opaque bathroom wall as a main feature. This is a very modern approach that Novotel has taken and will be implemented in most hotels around the world.

Southwark has been becoming more and more popular over the last few years and now is one of the most trending areas of the city. In this perspective I would not rate Southwark any lower than any other central London borough. I can assure you that the hotel works closely with the local business to keep and further improve the safety of the area.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a 2 night break at this hotel and could not fault it at all. Great location, plenty for the kids to do in the hotel including an X Box and an interactive 50" TV/Games Console in the reception area and a swimming pool.
All has been said in the title.

1  Thank Gordon C

I am very happy to hear you liked our hotel.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was nice, clean, near tube & trains. A step away from Tate but after 8pm the area is dead. I found the staff cold in manner but did what they are paid to do. Pool is excellent and my room was cool.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

I am happy to see you had a good stay with us

We look forward welcoming you in the future.

Yours Sincerely,