Novotel London Blackfriars
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
2,616 results
All reviewsswimming pooljubilee linesouth banklondon eyeexecutive roomtate moderntube stationmodern hotelexcellent hotelminute walkgood sizeborough markettesco expresslate checkconvenient locationbooked this hotelfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We had a trip to London for 2 nights goin with our 5yr old for the first time was looking for a good base home from home.
Can not fault this hotel nice rooms queen bed and single bed, clean modern . Breakfast was great loads of choice healthy or full monty!
Bonus for kids and fun for adults was the swimming pool jacuzzi and sauna. Not forgetting the x box and games near a stylish bar.
This hotel is great location jubilee line takes you where you need to go. Bit quite at night but we didn't venture too far late only to nearby nandos!
My only part to moan about was I thought my bed wasn't as comfy as my own.
Overall I will be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank wideboy_uk

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I am happy to see you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and you found our hotel to be perfect for your London stay.

We look forward welcoming you in the future

Yours Sincerely
Erol Uray

An Accor traveller
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The price- I paid £ 280 for 1 adult and 2 children- 10 and 12 years old. I thought it was going to be something extra as that is a lot of money for 3- not even adults. It wasn't worth the money at all. When we were leaving- being 1/2 French- I overheard the receptionist talking to some French customers- and saying that 3 adults for this weekend would be £ 180! I don't know of course what type of room and if Breakfast was included- but that is just plain redicilous- 100 £ less for 3 adults. The breakfast staff gave me 3 pots of cold coffee- I had to asked the 4th time for warm! and I got it. One off that staff gave my son hot chocolate- holding the coffee cup around where you put your lips- no saucer - to avoid contact- then holding the jug off hot chocolate in his hand. That's the type of service I would expect in a 2 star Parisian hotel - not even there as that is basic knowledge. I asked for the jug off hot chocolate and pored my son a new cup off chocolate. I had to get my own cutlery as no one did. Just to much people and bad service in breakfast room. Breakfast otherwise good. Beds were hard and pillow really hard- not nice at all. Pool Ok but cold. Sauna nice! showers nice. Sauna not on until 10 am in morning- should have been on earlier- when it came on- took for ever to warm up. Pool freezing in morning.

Room Tip: I had a superior room- which i don't think it was.....
2  Thank AnnaFrancoise
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel London Blackfriars, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I have passed your comments regarding the breakfast to our Food and Beverage Manager and I can ensure you that he will be taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

I was very surprised to hear you did not like our leisure area as it has always been praised by our guests. The temperature of our swimming pool it is in between 25 to 28 degrees.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel London Blackfriars.

Yours sincerely,