“Clamgullion”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Donegal
“Clamgullion”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Good welcome at Reception and complimentary upgrade; room was very clean and modern; the swimming pool was small but well designed. Slept well after a good meal n the restaurant and enjoyed breakfast. Thought the self-service check-out - with helper provided - was a bit slow and fussy, but overall found this a likeable hotel in a convenient location.

Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

I am happy to see you had a good stay with us

We look forward welcoming you in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business than leisure within a week.

The Welcome and check in is a walk in the park, greeted by very professional and welcoming reception employee.

The room are very clean and very comfortable.

The food is absolutely out of this world for a hotel restaurant, service is as good. The only downside is that the coffee from the bar is very poor quality and taste.

The location is great.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, business or leisure.

Well done!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to receive a five star review.

I am happy to hear you found Novotel Blackfriars to be perfect for your stay in London and that you found our staff to be professional and welcoming.

I will definitely pass your comments regarding the coffee to Food and Beverage Manager.

We look forward welcoming you in the near future.

Tadley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent one night in this conveniently located hotel. It is within 15 minutes walk of Waterloo and 5 minutes from Blackfriars stations. The staff were very helpful, and upgraded us to an Executive room (possibly because we have an Accor loyalty card).

The overall impression was that this was very well run, and everywhere positively gleamed. The only downside was glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom gave visual privacy using a switch but did not stop sound, which is unpleasant when the person sharing the room uses the toilet.

The pool, sauna and gym were well maintained, the equipment was all modern, and there were plenty of towels available.

The choice of drinks in the bar was comprehensive, and very reasonably priced - less than £10 for a brandy and whisky in a central London hotel was quite a surprise.

Our room rate included breakfast, and there was an excellent choice of cereals, fresh fruit, breads and pastries, and lots of options for a cooked breakfast.

We would definitely come back to this hotel if we were staying in London again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Blackfriars side of the hotel have views stretching from St Pauls, Canary Wharf, the Sh...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive a five star review.

I am happy to hear you found our hotel to be perfect for your stay in London.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Oldbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed at this Hotel whilst for one night as I was in London

Great start, as when I walked through the automatic doors that take you into the hotel and was impressed, well laid out reception area, plenty of tables and chairs, Daily newspapers there for customers to read and a nice restaurant, got checked in with no hassle, went up to my room and was pleasantly surprised, spacious and excellent facilities in the room, Hotel handbook provided in your room (which I suggest people take time to read) and also a menu for the restaurant provided

You can order food up to your room, at extra cost of £3.00, and usually arrives in around 20-30 minutes of ordering, I did this and when I finished my meal I was advised to leave the tray outside in the corridor and someone would collect, the tray was still there the following morning (I didn't complete the meal so it kind of stunk a little never mind the risk of pests or things, I didn't order a drink with my meal as there were two bottles of water in the fridge in the room, which I thought would be free with compliments of the hotel, no, they're £2.75 per bottle

Went for breakfast the following morning which was pretty expensive and I paid with a £20 note, I was advised I would have to wait about 15 minutes for Michael to arrive so he could give me my change

I ordered a late checkout room at extra cost of £60 as my course wasn't due to finish until around 13:00pm, late checkout allows you to keep the room until 17:00pm, I got back from my course at around 13:15pm and found I couldn't get into my room as the card reader wasn't going green when I swiped it, so went down to reception to mention this and they had 'forgot' I ordered a late checkout room, they gave me another card but with no apology

And its the mentioned above that has me rating this hotel as average, where it has the potential to be better

Location of the hotel is very good as it's on the Blackfriars road close to excellent transport links and plenty of eating and drinking options nearby,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you very much for you feedback and comments.
I am happy to hear you found our perfect location suitable for you stay in London.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. We will be definitely looking into the points you raised to further improve our service.
We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will welcome you back to the Novotel London Blackfriars
Dublin
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Arrivdd late and left early but smooth pleasant checkin. Room is quiet nice, fresh, clean but aircon is poor. Good shower and comfy bed.
2 bottles of free water and free WLAN.
Checkout easy and taxi organised quickly.

Would return.

1 Thank ArcfireSG
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

I am happy to see you had a good stay with us

We look forward welcoming you in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed on a Sunday evening on a business trip. I was surprised and pleased to find a spacious, comfortable room with good views of The Shard and the London Eye. Would have liked to have stayed longer and much nicer than the hotels I usually find myself in for the same price. The tube station is just a minute away on foot and there are bus stops next to the hotel. It's just a 5 or 10-minute walk up to Ludgate Circus. On a Sunday evening, open local food shops are hard to find and all very quiet in this area but you can be right in the centre very quickly if you want to be.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I am very happy to hear you found Novotel Blackfriars to be perfect for yor stay in London.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

mombasa
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was on a two dab business trip to London. Arrived early morning and lucky me they got me a room.quite new hotels, chic and funky . Receptionist a young man from north Sfrica I can't recall his name was very nice to me and professional. I shall return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mombasahotelier
Thank you very much for your kind feedback and comments.

I am happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us.

We look forward welcoming you in the near future