“EXCELENT IN ALL ASPECTS - BUT BREAKFAST TIME...”

Novotel London Blackfriars
Ranked #120 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 May 2014

There is nothing we could state about the hotel to diminish it's quality and servisse. Everything was perfec and done to ensure the hosts would be satysfied. The rooms follow the same standard of all Novotels we have been before and what apeeared inicially to be a business only hotel revealed itself as a great choice. great location and excelent service...

A tip; it is perfect for people who have already been to London before and have a minimum of experience with the London Transportation system. Buses and tube station merge perfectly in th area.

...were it not for the overcrowded breakfast time ! We understand that th hotel has it's limitations, but somehow we had the feeling that they could do better. For example, directing businessman who were on their own to occupy the small tables for two instead of sitting wherever they liked.

Anyway, that didn't spoil our vaccation. We woul defnetally go back there.

We were there on March 2013. Cold and windy - best travel option ? The Underground.

Room Tip: since the hotel is surrounded by business buildings, there is no much of a view, but we did manage a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Walter L
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

I am happy to see you had a good stay with us

We look forward welcoming you in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,522)

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived 2 hours before check in time and were able to check in (with an upgrade to an executive room)
Clean, modern room with a lovely view of the Shard. Staff were extremely helful and friendly and even sorted us with a last minute late check out when we left.
Can't rate this hotel highly enough. Had a wonderful stay. Would recommend for any type of getaway.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bkp91

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I am very happy to hear you had a great stay with us and that you found our staff extremely helpful.

We look forward welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
1  Thank Mazquig

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Good welcome at Reception and complimentary upgrade; room was very clean and modern; the swimming pool was small but well designed. Slept well after a good meal n the restaurant and enjoyed breakfast. Thought the self-service check-out - with helper provided - was a bit slow and fussy, but overall found this a likeable hotel in a convenient location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

I am happy to see you had a good stay with us

We look forward welcoming you in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business than leisure within a week.

The Welcome and check in is a walk in the park, greeted by very professional and welcoming reception employee.

The room are very clean and very comfortable.

The food is absolutely out of this world for a hotel restaurant, service is as good. The only downside is that the coffee from the bar is very poor quality and taste.

The location is great.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, business or leisure.

Well done!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to receive a five star review.

I am happy to hear you found Novotel Blackfriars to be perfect for your stay in London and that you found our staff to be professional and welcoming.

I will definitely pass your comments regarding the coffee to Food and Beverage Manager.

We look forward welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent one night in this conveniently located hotel. It is within 15 minutes walk of Waterloo and 5 minutes from Blackfriars stations. The staff were very helpful, and upgraded us to an Executive room (possibly because we have an Accor loyalty card).

The overall impression was that this was very well run, and everywhere positively gleamed. The only downside was glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom gave visual privacy using a switch but did not stop sound, which is unpleasant when the person sharing the room uses the toilet.

The pool, sauna and gym were well maintained, the equipment was all modern, and there were plenty of towels available.

The choice of drinks in the bar was comprehensive, and very reasonably priced - less than £10 for a brandy and whisky in a central London hotel was quite a surprise.

Our room rate included breakfast, and there was an excellent choice of cereals, fresh fruit, breads and pastries, and lots of options for a cooked breakfast.

We would definitely come back to this hotel if we were staying in London again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Blackfriars side of the hotel have views stretching from St Pauls, Canary Wharf, the Sh...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive a five star review.

I am happy to hear you found our hotel to be perfect for your stay in London.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed at this Hotel whilst for one night as I was in London

Great start, as when I walked through the automatic doors that take you into the hotel and was impressed, well laid out reception area, plenty of tables and chairs, Daily newspapers there for customers to read and a nice restaurant, got checked in with no hassle, went up to my room and was pleasantly surprised, spacious and excellent facilities in the room, Hotel handbook provided in your room (which I suggest people take time to read) and also a menu for the restaurant provided

You can order food up to your room, at extra cost of £3.00, and usually arrives in around 20-30 minutes of ordering, I did this and when I finished my meal I was advised to leave the tray outside in the corridor and someone would collect, the tray was still there the following morning (I didn't complete the meal so it kind of stunk a little never mind the risk of pests or things, I didn't order a drink with my meal as there were two bottles of water in the fridge in the room, which I thought would be free with compliments of the hotel, no, they're £2.75 per bottle

Went for breakfast the following morning which was pretty expensive and I paid with a £20 note, I was advised I would have to wait about 15 minutes for Michael to arrive so he could give me my change

I ordered a late checkout room at extra cost of £60 as my course wasn't due to finish until around 13:00pm, late checkout allows you to keep the room until 17:00pm, I got back from my course at around 13:15pm and found I couldn't get into my room as the card reader wasn't going green when I swiped it, so went down to reception to mention this and they had 'forgot' I ordered a late checkout room, they gave me another card but with no apology

And its the mentioned above that has me rating this hotel as average, where it has the potential to be better

Location of the hotel is very good as it's on the Blackfriars road close to excellent transport links and plenty of eating and drinking options nearby,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you very much for you feedback and comments.
I am happy to hear you found our perfect location suitable for you stay in London.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. We will be definitely looking into the points you raised to further improve our service.
We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will welcome you back to the Novotel London Blackfriars