Checked in London for 5 nights with Novotel London Blackfriars. To be honest, it has great access to Southwark underground for Jubilee line, as well as nearby there is a fruit stall, restaurants, and Tesco Express.
We booked two Executive rooms and we're allocated to the rooms that meet our special instructions. We've had the opportunity to look at both different room views. My room in particular has the view facing the busy road. Surprisingly I hear no noise during my stay. Rooms are very clean. There are complimentary still water every day (if you have your room make up) as well as Nespresso machine available for our use.
Being a traveller that has to make last minute decision in booking reservations, I am relieved that there are two Macs available with 20-minute free access to internet as well as free printing services in lounge for Novotel guests only. Staff are helpful when I had trouble printing my itinerary.
Take note that:
1. Self check-in is required, so do not be surprised if you're asked to fill in the check-in form manually. Alternatively, you could go to the express check-in kiosk (machine) to get that sorted out.
2. There are no concierge services, you'll have to bring your luggages up to your room. No worries, there are elevators.
2. Executive rooms are sufficient for two in London standards but it could be smaller in size if you are not choosing an executive room. However, the bed, duvet and pillows are very comfortable.
3. There are no connecting rooms. You could request both rooms to be next to or opposite to each other.
4. Have yet to try the breakfast offer in Novotel, but I believe there is a cafe nearby that offers great breakfast as well. Try Bankside cafe within walking distance.
5. If you like facing the city/busy road, consider rooms with even numbers. Otherwise, odd numbers for quieter rooms (may not offer best views).
6. Make sure all cards work.
Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would come back should I visit to London again. Btw, if you could, go for Executive rooms. It makes some difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel London Blackfriars is a beautifully designed contemporary and exciting hotel in a vibrant area of London, whether you are staying for business or pleasure. The city is a short hop over the river Thames. You'll be minutes away from London's famous South Bank - take a stroll down the river and you'll find some of the capital's most famous Landmarks, including the London Eye, Tate Modern, the Shard and Shakespeare's Globe. Look out for the state-of-the-art facilities at Novotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel London Blackfriars reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.