“big let down, staff included”

Jimmy's World Grill & Bar
Ranked #15,938 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Description: EAT YOUR WAY AROUND THE WORLD When you arrive at JIMMY’S, you’ll be shown to your table, & a drinks order will be taken. If you’re a first timer you’ll have the concept explained to you. Jimmy’s is an ‘All You Can Eat Buffet’ with all your favorite foods from around the world; Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Italian, and there’s also a selection of salads & don’t forget to leave room for dessert. There are LIVE STATIONS with chefs who will cook food to order…including mix your own ice cream. So, all you do is visit the buffet & fill your plate. Once you’ve finished your first plate you’re free to go back to the buffet as many times as you like. It couldn’t be easier. We hope to see you soon.
Hertfordshire
“big let down, staff included”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having been to this same venue before and having such a delightful meal I made a reservation ahead of our trip just incase it was full and we would be disappointed.
It was to celebrate my Daughters birthday so before we enjoyed the concert we were to eat. I filed out their form that asks if you have any special requests and asked if they could present her with a cake or ice cream etc to make it special for her. I had a bog standard reply with my reservation number and we cannot guarantee any special requests made.
When we walked around the buffet area the food looked okay. Some of the dishes in sauces looked rather watery but maybe that was how the were meant to be.
I chose some food from the indian section and a piece of Jerk chicken and fried chicken. The pakora was dry, the fried chicken was also dry and had no taste. The Jerk chicken which had colour to it and gave the impression it would be good was completely tasteless. How can something that is meant to have so much flavour have no taste at all. Also the chicken cuts were puny and boney.
I left most of it and returned to get something else. I chose 2 pieces of sushi and some noodles. The sushi was stickier than it should be and the crab stick in the middle shook have tasted of fish of some kind but no.
My Daughter chose 2 duck pancakes and some hoisin sauce and t was so dry she didn't eat it. So, my daughter ate nothing, I had less than a plate and our other friend at some because she was hungry. No deserts or seconds. We complained to a waiter and he said people s tastes vary but if we wanted something else they would the chief to cook something for us. We would rather go and eat somewhere else as we were disappointed. My Daughter went and spoke to Mark who we believe was the manager. He apologised and said the same as the waiter before and said they serve over 100 dinners and no one else had complained.
1. I don't believe everyone there enjoyed the food as much as he believed they did. They may be visiting for the 1st time where as we were comparing it to our last visit over a year ago.
2. The quality was poor and the standard had deteriorated. Maybe its down to cost so the quality of the ingredients had slipped considerably.
3. The staff reaction was we don't give refunds. You came in to eat. You choose not to eat but you still need to pay £16.99 per person excluding drinks.
The best we had was 15% discount. He offered us 20% discount on our next visit but believe me, we will not be returning. It was not value for money. Its not customer friendly and I would not suggest people go there.

4 Thank wheelieHertfordshire

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“don't go here”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My brother took me here for my birthday dinner, as was recommended to him by a number of people, very, very busy, noisey, orders taken for drinks, had to wait a while for them, food, well, world , Chinese, Indian, Mexican, pizzas, not world food in my book, food not warm enough, food areas, not very clean, put this down to the place being very, very busy, but not good enough, to crown it all, when eating my so called Mexican food, there was an added extra, A BUG ! YES BUG ! Crawling on the food, YUK, disgusting, put all of us off eating. The manager took MY food & drink off the bill, gave us cocktails as way of an apology, my wee brother was gutted, as he had taken me & his family there to celebrate. I won't forget my ?? Birthday in a hurry, but for all the wrong reasons. Keep away from JIMMY'S. To shocked to take a picture, sorry folks. !

2 Thank 186534Franmcc
“Not bad”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went last night with a friend on a Groupon offer, never been before so was not sure what to expect
We was impressed with the venue its nice and big and clean and modern
The only thing that bothered me was the plates as they felt a bit old and rough and i have OCD so was not too pleased.
There was a good selection and the food was nice and hot
Overall we were pleased with our experience

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eat your way around the world!? Thanks, I'd rather stay home!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Went last evening to the one in the O2. The menu on the website looked really fantastic with loads of starts, mains and kids specials. When getting there (anyone knows what the two people behind the reception downstairs are doing?), we were seated and immediately asked for drinks which we finally decided one once we had a look at our very sticky drinks menu.

We were so excited walking up to the buffet looking for our favourite starters, and we were looking and looking. On-line it had numerous different types of chicken, in reality none. Very limited choice and none looked very appetizing. Main courses had better choices but once tried none made a great impact, again, some items we were looking for were not offered.

Live-sections looked uninviting and the staff behind the counter bored. The pizza was some cardboard discs with tasteless toppings, the Mexican rather uninspiring and well hidden away. It seems that the most represented cuisine was Indian (because the Manager was?), all other cuisines were not well represented.

Best of the buffet, butter chicken, daal, poppadums and chips with the cheese sauce from the Mexican section. Duck pancakes but the prong onions were missing. Yes, we ate to much, we always do, but the food really lay heavily in our stomach. In fact 15 hours later still feels like we swallowed bricks.

Want an all you can eat buffet, rather go to the Oriental one across, not top notch either but far better choice and less confusing.

1 Thank KristineJ1972
London, United Kingdom
“Halal food,Ask for exceptions.Absolute treat for right price”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Exceptional customer service, great choice of fresh food.just imagine enjoying all chinese, Italian, Indian, grill food at one roof.

Visited June 2014