“All you can eat buffet with some nice dishes. Dont expect haute cuisine or wonderful service.”
Review of Jimmy's Restaurant

Jimmy's Restaurant
Ranked #17,517 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Description: EAT YOUR WAY AROUND THE WORLD When you arrive at JIMMY’S, you’ll be shown to your table, & a drinks order will be taken. If you’re a first timer you’ll have the concept explained to you. Jimmy’s is an ‘All You Can Eat Buffet’ with all your favorite foods from around the world; Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Italian, and there’s also a selection of salads & don’t forget to leave room for dessert. There are LIVE STATIONS with chefs who will cook food to order…including mix your own ice cream. So, all you do is visit the buffet & fill your plate. Once you’ve finished your first plate you’re free to go back to the buffet as many times as you like. It couldn’t be easier. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went for lunch on a saturday after climbing the dome and needed filling up. Not sure about eating around the world, there seemed to be little more than slices of pizza, some mexican and a lot of Indian. A vast noisy place, where you serve yourself buffet style. Not much too write home about; however, the Indian dishes I had were pretty good - tandoori chicken staight off the coals, bombay potato and aloo gobi worth a mention. The chilli con carne was however horrible. The kids liked the mexican dishes. Desserts not up to much.
If you're hungry and need filling up (judging by the size of [most] of the clientele, thats exactly what they were doing!) Lots of Indian families there, so maybe theyre doing something right? £11 a head for lunchtime was OK,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went for a weekend late evening meal, 6 people all adults. Even though we had pre booked and the restaurant was less than a third full, we had to wait 10 minutes for a table. Once shown to our tabsle no one was available to take our drinks order for a further 10 minutes The food was average with plenty of choice, nothing special though. The food didn't seem to be replenished very often so some was either very dry or stewed. The food service areas we're not very clean and our table wasn't cleared quickly, it was left to us to put our plates onto a nearby table. These issues could have been solved by more proactive staff. All in all I have been to many buffet restaurants. This one is a long way from being the best.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having been to this same venue before and having such a delightful meal I made a reservation ahead of our trip just incase it was full and we would be disappointed.
It was to celebrate my Daughters birthday so before we enjoyed the concert we were to eat. I filed out their form that asks if you have any special requests and asked if they could present her with a cake or ice cream etc to make it special for her. I had a bog standard reply with my reservation number and we cannot guarantee any special requests made.
When we walked around the buffet area the food looked okay. Some of the dishes in sauces looked rather watery but maybe that was how the were meant to be.
I chose some food from the indian section and a piece of Jerk chicken and fried chicken. The pakora was dry, the fried chicken was also dry and had no taste. The Jerk chicken which had colour to it and gave the impression it would be good was completely tasteless. How can something that is meant to have so much flavour have no taste at all. Also the chicken cuts were puny and boney.
I left most of it and returned to get something else. I chose 2 pieces of sushi and some noodles. The sushi was stickier than it should be and the crab stick in the middle shook have tasted of fish of some kind but no.
My Daughter chose 2 duck pancakes and some hoisin sauce and t was so dry she didn't eat it. So, my daughter ate nothing, I had less than a plate and our other friend at some because she was hungry. No deserts or seconds. We complained to a waiter and he said people s tastes vary but if we wanted something else they would the chief to cook something for us. We would rather go and eat somewhere else as we were disappointed. My Daughter went and spoke to Mark who we believe was the manager. He apologised and said the same as the waiter before and said they serve over 100 dinners and no one else had complained.
1. I don't believe everyone there enjoyed the food as much as he believed they did. They may be visiting for the 1st time where as we were comparing it to our last visit over a year ago.
2. The quality was poor and the standard had deteriorated. Maybe its down to cost so the quality of the ingredients had slipped considerably.
3. The staff reaction was we don't give refunds. You came in to eat. You choose not to eat but you still need to pay £16.99 per person excluding drinks.
The best we had was 15% discount. He offered us 20% discount on our next visit but believe me, we will not be returning. It was not value for money. Its not customer friendly and I would not suggest people go there.

4  Thank wheelieHertfordshire
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My brother took me here for my birthday dinner, as was recommended to him by a number of people, very, very busy, noisey, orders taken for drinks, had to wait a while for them, food, well, world , Chinese, Indian, Mexican, pizzas, not world food in my book, food not warm enough, food areas, not very clean, put this down to the place being very, very busy, but not good enough, to crown it all, when eating my so called Mexican food, there was an added extra, A BUG ! YES BUG ! Crawling on the food, YUK, disgusting, put all of us off eating. The manager took MY food & drink off the bill, gave us cocktails as way of an apology, my wee brother was gutted, as he had taken me & his family there to celebrate. I won't forget my ?? Birthday in a hurry, but for all the wrong reasons. Keep away from JIMMY'S. To shocked to take a picture, sorry folks. !

2  Thank 186534Franmcc
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went last night with a friend on a Groupon offer, never been before so was not sure what to expect
We was impressed with the venue its nice and big and clean and modern
The only thing that bothered me was the plates as they felt a bit old and rough and i have OCD so was not too pleased.
There was a good selection and the food was nice and hot
Overall we were pleased with our experience