“Casual venue with good food and good prices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Banana Tree Bayswater
Ranked #550 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Description: Welcome to the home of Indochina Food. At Banana Tree, we want to offer you an authentic selection of dishes and specialities from the Indochina region, the lemongrass growing countries of South East Asia that include Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and the peninsula of Malaysia and Singapore. Come and try our fresh new flavours at one of our restaurants today!
London, United Kingdom
“Casual venue with good food and good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Five of us dined here on a Friday night. They do not take reservations, but the restaurant was not too busy, so we were seated straight away. We ordered a mix of dishes to share and favourites included the sweet & sour chicken, tamarind fish, nasi goreng and the ‘ying yang’ laksa. These were all excellent. We also had the beef rendang (pretty good), and the chargrilled chilli beef (too dry). These were accompanied with egg fried rice and noodles, both of which were well prepared. We tried out a few cocktails, and have varied feedback on these, some were not great, others decent. I seem to remember the cocktails being better on previous visits (this was my third visit). We were served on the night by Rosario, who was excellent. She was very pleasant to deal with.

After a huge meal (including all of the above dishes plus starters, dessert and wine), we paid around £40 each. I thought this represented excellent value for money. I’m sure I will return here in future.

• Visited August 2014

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Manama
“Come back again and again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We have been going to Banana tree for 3 yrs, its the first and last place we visit when coming to London!
Service is great, food is good quality and the ambience is relaxing..
The price is excellent for London!

Lonon
“Great food, poor service, needs repairs.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We visited the Bayswater Branch of The Banana Tree last weekend.

The food was great. £44.22 for two with £4.02 being a 'service charge' which was ok as the food was so good.

Shock horror in the toilet! These guys need to fix that toilet seat in the ladies as that can cause a serious accident. You can not charge prices like that and have a toilet that looks like some dodgy takeaway rather than an establishment that adds a 10% service charge.

The bill:

1 Roast Duck £10.50
1 Roti £3.90

£40.20 Subtotal
£ 4.02 10% Service Charge

The experience was ruined when a waitress literally threw our bill at us. Clearly she was not covering our table - I saw our waitress downstairs in an office near the dodgy toilet - but that does not mean you treat the customers like that. What happened to team work.

Even though that duck was delicious I probably won't return as they need to fix the toilet seat and that nasty waitress. On a positive note that duck was so good and plentiful I could not eat dinner when I got home - good, tasty and really filling.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“I'm not complainer but it is wrong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

First look it was great till the time. Me and my boyfriend we have waiting 30min for someone who can take order that a lot time. But I sad it is ok
But then we where waiting about 40 min for our main course as they forgot to send a order to kitchen lovely
Food just ok I had chicken carry witch didn't taste like carry
Service it is really poor but pleace in general nice

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dawid W
Welshpool, United Kingdom
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

we had an excellent meal here. I had the rending curry, which for me was a little dry, but the meat just fell apart. yummy. my hubby had the Ayam Kunyit curry which he is still talking about 2 days later. we were here about 5pm and they were still serving the express lunch which was great value for money

• Visited June 2014