“Good Shwarma, Better Baker”
Review of Maroush Bakehouse

Maroush Bakehouse
Ranked #13 of 306 Bakeries in London
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Lebanese, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Earls Court
Description: Just minutes from London’s Earl’s Court exhibition centre our Bakehouse offers an appetising array of Lebanese food to please all. Our professional chefs never fail to impress and our amiable staff will ensure your experience imitates that of a true Lebanese eatery. We pride ourselves in offering a top quality, on-the-go meal. whether it’s a wrap, a mixed grill, a pastry, or a salad freshly prepared to your liking. Our freshly made flat bread and distinctively smooth hummus are just a few of the many delicious options on our authentic menu. You can even watch the Lebanese flat breads being baked whilst you eat. We also serve breakfast, from fresh, buttery croissants to free range omelettes, thirst-quenching juices, aromatic coffees and traditional teas.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Short: Good, affordable lunch. 4.5 pounds for a shwarma sandwich. Sandwich is big enough for one person, but if you're really hungry get 2.

I went to this place for lunch. The food is quite good. They had a large menu including shwarma, hummus, appetizers, lamb, and more. The people were friendly enough. I would recommend the chicken shwarma. It was very good. A soft pita, with chicken, garlic sauce, tomatoes, and pickles. The other entrees looked appetizing, too.

The bakery is the shining star of this restaurant. They make multiple kinds of baklava, muffins, bread, and cakes. I enjoyed an orange almond cake. I was delightfully dense and moist. The orange flavor wasn't overpowering and the cake was just sweet enough.

8/10, I would go back.

2  Thank Nipponophile

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great food! Wonderful staff. In Earls Court, London for 10 days had many breakfast and afternoon refreshments. Fresh, clean and welcoming!

1  Thank Annette C
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We went here every day for breakfast and I was amazed at the food. Fresh tasting, particularly the eggs which are big and bright yellow. I had free range egg for breakfast three days in a row: scrambled with salmon and mushrooms, fried, and soft boiled.
Their baked goods such as the breads and the pita are excellent. You can watch through the window into the pita bakery, which is fascinating. But they have all types of bread, Lebanese pastries, hummus. All fresh and well prepared.
By London standards the prices are very reasonable.
Also has probably the most high tech restroom in the UK.

1  Thank jackietrehorn
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Their food is good,and price is reasonable. Freshly produced bread available everyday,definitely worth going.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've been to other sites in the Maroush chain in London and this did not disappoint! It was more casual than the Maroush restaurants since it is a bakery, and I loved seeing the flatbread being made and delivered to our table fresh. I would absolutely recommend for lunch and it is a child friendly place.

1  Thank Bbear5678