“Good, but...”

Thames River Cruise Including The View from The Shard
Ranked #41 of 1,676 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The View from The Shard is the visitor attraction at the top of The Shard, the tallest building in Western Europe and London's newest landmark. At almost twice the height of any other viewing platform in London, it offers visitors spectacular 360 degree views over the UK's capital for up to 40 miles.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Yes, great views and a worthwhile experience, but I was disappointed with the amount of information about what you could see. There are 8 'binoculars' to provide information, but 3 were not working today, which obviously made it harder to get to use the ones that were working. The presentation of info is much simpler and more accessable in the Eureka Tower in Melbourne. Regretfully I have to say this as a Londoner, not an Aussie. Overall too expensive if they can't keep it all working properly.

There are newer reviews for The View from The Shard

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Got the underground which dropped us off directly outside the Shard, this was a pleasant surprise as we expected a long walk. I had booked the tickets online which meant we skipped the queues - another good moment. Security? grumpy looking female who I wouldn't like to argue with, then the photo with no time to straighten my windswept hair. Quickly ushered into a lift with several others and held on to my ears to stop them popping whilst it raced halfway up the building - quick breather before being ushered into another lift which raced to the top then found ourselves surrounded by stunning views of London. Disappointed to find that more than one of the 'telescopes' weren't working (modern technology? tut). However, looking at the Thames snaking through London was pretty amazing and on the whole we were glad to have the experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I arranged this trip as a surprise for my girlfriends birthday. Excellent amazing views of the city. My girlfriend loved every second of thr trip,reasonably priced for London. Would visit again next time I would take the children.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

An easy walk from London Bridge station to the entrance and with pre booked tickets we entered straight away. There are two levels to view the city from, level 68 (completely enclosed by glass) and then two flights of stairs to walk to the next level (open roof) - a jacket is needed. It was wonderful to time our visit with the sunset - stunning! and also to watch the city lights turn on especially on London Bridge and the London eye. Beautiful views all round in particular of the Tower of London and the sea of red poppies. The viewing platforms are not included in restaurant bookings.

1  Thank Gillian S
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Went up in the early evening so that we could enjoy the view in daylight and see the sunset. We were there for over 2 hours. The view is breathtaking. We stayed until it was dark to see the whole of London lit up. Would recommend taking something warm for the top to wear as it's a little chilly at the top. Although I didn't have anything warm to wear and it was a very cold wind when we were at the top, the amazing view made me forget it was cold for a while. You can buy champagne to sip while you look at the view which I thought was a nice touch. A couple of glasses keeps you nice and warm and it's nice to sip while you watch the sunset (bliss)

1  Thank Divadolly