“Terrible Attitude of Ticketing Man”

See London By Night
London Night Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #107 of 704 Tours in London
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Terrible Attitude of Ticketing Man”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

2For1 offer is cheap but is not worth being treated as "THE REMAINING" CUSTOMERS.

We went to Bicester Village by railway and happened to know of the 2for1 promotion and decided to go for "See London By Night".

We were shocked to be asked by the Ticketing man to "STAND ASIDE" in a rude and stern tone without any explanation. He took the payment from all the full priced customers, who were queuing behind us. We were very unhappy and decided not to take tour, so we walked away. That Ticketing Man even walked towards us angrily (like a gangster) and asked why we stormed away just like that. That was the time when we realized that the image of London would be damaged by such person who think so highly of himself being a Ticketing Man. Why cant he just spare a minute of his time to tell us, " This offer was subjected to availability after all the full priced customers board the bus", stated under the terms and conditions"? Was that TOO MUCH to ask for in London from Asian Tourists, who had traveled more than 10 hours of flight to London??

Please be aware of all the "Fine Prints" whenever there is an offer. We had made a mistake for not reading them carefully.

4 Thank louisa_03

• Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“October 2013”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Thank you very much for a beautiful evening sightseeing tour.
For any readers... Don't forget to take warm clothing, maybe a tight fitting hat (so it doesn't blow off) and maybe a full length raincoat.
Except for the typical British weather - this was an excellent tour hosted by a guy called Julius who really knew a lot about London and took us to some amazing places.
Recommended

(Couldn't access the website)

Visited October 2013
Kanpur, India
“What An Experience !!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Well I took my tickets on board, as I had the 2 for 1 pass with me, and what a ride it was,,, it was fast, covering endless spots in the zone1 London,,, Best part was that the narration was so much interesting and clearly comprehensible to an indian visitor like me and my family, that I thoroughly enjoyed it, By what I had read in the reviews earlier I had made up my mind that a little discrimination was expected for the 2 for 1 pass holders, but if one can take it sportingly I believe the tour manager was a gentleman and we must respect their policies,,, though I got seats on the top of the bus , so all in all a very happy and fantastic experience and See London By Night is a recommendation from me to everyone around over other tour operators !!

50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Excellent trip”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent value for money. We had booked online and printed the voucher before we went. Arrived in London early and saw one of their buses parked up and spoke to the driver. Very nice staff, they suggested we get on earlier than our ticket was booked for. Went to the stop and asked if we could go on earlier, again really helpful staff, this was no problem. Bus departed on time. Top deck full as was open air. Commentary very good, mike is funny! Great views of London and plenty of opportunities to take photos.

1 Thank Tcej111
Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“EPIC failure, ruined my holiday”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

This happened today (23 August). I am so pissed off that I downloaded the trip advisor app to write about this company. We were told by the Insight Vacations guy (sister company) that this bus ran from Marble Arch every half hour. This was what happened.

1) When we reached the bus stop area, we saw the yellow tour bus however we were held back by the traffic light. Ran and tried to flag it at the bus stop but he did not notice? The bus stopped at the first bus stop, nearest to marble arch. That was 7.55pm.

2) So since we saw the bus stopping there, we assumed that that was the bus stop. waited till 8.40pm and felt that something was amiss since it was supposed to.run every half hour. Ran to look at the other bus stops. (about 5 bus stops... 1 every 100 metres) Low and behold, it was the 2nd bus stop and not the stop I was waiting at. however, being 1 stop away for the past hour, I did not see any yellow tour buses. So we continued to WAIT till 9.20 pm at the correct stop but the 8.50pm bus did not appear!

That is horrible! Other than the bus I first saw, I NEVER saw another 'see London by night' yellow bus.

Stay away from this company Evans Evans Tour unless you want a ruined trip like mine. This is my 2nd day of my trip and I wasted my entire evening waiting for a bus that never arrived. Bravo!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jane L
Kesh B, Manager at See London By Night, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
I can only apologise for this night as it was a disaster for us as it was for you.
Unfortunately, it was one of those nights where one bus had to return to base because of a mechanical failure and another bus was delayed because of very bad traffic caused by a car accident on route. We generally do get around on time but this was a night when everyone was pulling out their hair! I am very sorry but delays and breakdowns do occur with all means of transport and on this night, it happened to us.