“Great”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was a great way to see London, it had just fallen dark so all the key attractions were lit up and really stood out. The guide was English speaking and was very informative. This is not a hop on hop off tour so once you find the stop, it will bring you back to the same stop. The whole tour takes about an hour and a half.

Visited April 2014

• Hebrew first
Bristol, England
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Complete waste of time and money”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I've been on guided tours before and this has to be the worst experience ever!

John, the 'guide' was incredibly poor. For starters there was no Health and Safety announcement and passengers were walking around on the open, top deck while the bus was moving. He spoke to the passengers as if they were primary school children even tough there was only one child, aged about 8, on board who was Japanese and didn't understand English.
A group of around 10 Belgian teenage girls just screamed and shouted (mostly 'Oh my God') making his commentary inaudible until my wife had to tell them to be quiet. John did nothing to stop them and egged them on by his ridiculous actions including singing bits of ABBA songs and saying "if you want to buy a Ferrari there's, a Ferrari shop" followed by "if you want to buy a Maclaren, there's a Maclaren shop". All this happened in the first 10 minutes of the tour.
There were very long periods of silence and although the bus went past historically interesting looking buildings there was no explanation as to what they were. He spent quite a bit of time giving information to some passengers sitting in the front of the bus off mic and ignoring everybody else.
John went into a long diatribe about a church that inspired the design of traditional wedding cakes and then shone his laser at the top bit of the church, which was all we could see of it.
Tower Bridge and the London Eye were both dealt with in one sentence and according to John the only thing in Trafalgar Square is Nelson. There was nothing about who sculpted the statue and, apparently, the Tate Gallery and St Martin's in the Field don't exist. He didn't mention Whitehall or Downing Street as went past the end of the road. He only mentioned Fleet street as we were leaving it and just explained it was famous for being the home of various newspapers years ago, when he could have added how it got it's name.

We came away having learnt nothing new about London other than that near Piccadilly there is a Tesco and a pharmacy that's open until midnight. John seemed more interested in advertising shops than telling people any interesting facts about England's capital city.

I am trained as a tour guide in another part of the country and expected a high quality tour around our capital city. On this performance, I recommend you give this company a wide berth as standards were very low and my wife was very disappointed. I am sure if I had performed as John did, I would now be looking for a new job. It was embarrassing to listen to.

Visited April 2014
6 Thank Tim_Mahoney
Grenoble, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A fabulous tour on the See London by Night yellow bus wrapped up warm on the top deck! Our guide, John, was excellent, informative and funny and he spoke clearly enough for all my French friends to understand - wonderful! Very reasonable at £15/adult and lots of fantastic photo opportunities. I think we saw all the main London sights. I definitely recommend this tour.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank DebbieSNE
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour of the City at Night”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

On a recent short stay to London and with it being the first time for my young son, I wanted to give him a tour of the city but not with an overload of too much information and with a lot of walking. After reading several reviews on here I decided to book the night tour and boy, was I glad I did. Michael the tour guide was very good - informative & humorous! The hour and a half tour flew by and there was never a dull moment without a photo opportunity or a piece of information to be told. I will definitely recommend this tour of London as even when you are walking along the street you miss so much great architecture that the city has to offer.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank EmmaT19742014
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have visited London many times but this time my teenage daughters cam with me so I wanted them to see all the London sites and not have to walk too much. My daughter found the night tour and we got a great deal on line.
Arrived at Green Park and bus was easy to locate - the guide was Michael and driver was Mo. Michael was a great guide, very entertaining and he didn't seem at all fatigued at repeating himself. he was very entertaining. I would highly recommend this tour. London is beautiful and night with Harrods being spectacular. You get to see the main central London sights and find out some British History. Very impressed.

Visited February 2014