“Poorly run Tour!!!”

and up
London Night Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #116 of 727 Tours in London
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We had a 2115 tour bus. Got there 20 minutes early . The goal of a night time tour is to sit out on the top of the bus! Out 2115 bus was there at 2100 and the top was full. We were told we could wait fir the 2130 bus and would be able to sit up on top. That bus came and it became ear we would not get on that bus as well. The men running the show said we could wait for the next bus at 2230. There was a very long line of pretty mad people!! They gave me a voucher to come back , and I asked the man if he could guarantee me I would get to sit on top then. Of purse they can't guarantee that. He did tell me, after we did not board the 2nd bus, that one of the other buses had broken down. We bailed out .. The line was still there when we walked back by at 2240... I booked on line and I would not do that again! I would call them and ask questions. When I booked my tickets I wasn't given a choice on boarding stations and did not know there were others. That is why the bus we had a reservation for was full when it got to our stop.

2  Thank JKCDMom

Reviewed 28 July 2014

liked all staff at attractions very pleasent , to avoid talking to strangers comming up to you in the street

Reviewed 28 July 2014

£40 for two pensioners & a 10 year old for 90 minutes. We all welcome the opportunity to enjoy a stress free tour of the sights. This was our second taste of this trip having completed it a couple of years ago. Much depends on the "Guide" and on this occasion we were disappointed with "John" who let too much of his personal prejudice overlay what was an informative commentary. As minority Brits on the American and overseas dominated passenger list we were frankly uncomfortable and embarrassed by some of his comments about the Royal Family, Prime Minister and other figures of note. No one expects a slavish Ministry of Truth presentation but this was just embarrassing.

2  Thank Alistair W
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Bought tickets on line, but the weather wasn't cooperative. Audio was recorded because only four tourists were on board. Saw the sights from the covered section of the bus.

1  Thank dekalbill
SLBN2010, Manager at See London By Night, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

This was not our tour!
See London by Night only operates live guided tours so you must have used a different company.
Do not confuse a London by night tour with See London By Night, a live guided tour in English only and we only use Yellow Buses with flashing coloured lights around it.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We bought tickets and were told by the selling agent that there was a pick up at Haymarket. I confirmed this in the brochure, which had the pic-up times posted. There was a 9:25pm and a 9:55pm....and one earlier time. We showed up at the stop, which was also posted on the actual bus stop. We were there at 9:15, as I like to be early.

The bus was late and cruised by at 9:36. This would not have been bad.....but the bus did not stop or even slow down. We were standing right at the stop. At 10pm, the 9:55 bus came by and did stop. But, we waited at the stop for 45 minutes as a result.

The tour itself was decent....what you would expect from a narrated bus tour. The guide was decent and gave good narrative.