“Great value for Turkish”
Review of Kilim - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kilim
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Excellent selection of well-made Turkish food served in a nice setting in this restaurant in Muswell Hill. The service is also very nice and the wait staff are very helpful and friendly. We come here quite often and are always happy with the flavours and the portion sizes. Excellent value for money.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is my local kebab shop and you can't fault it for value and quality. The grilled chicken wings are delicious and are the best in London we think. If you order a take away, the chicken wings are served with rice, salad and bread--enough to keep my ravenous teenager satisfied. The kofte, warm and cold starters are also very good. The service is efficient and friendly.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Yesterday we went to this restaurant at lunchtime after reading positive reviews about it.
It was almost 1 o’ clock and there were no other customers to be seen. Anyway once we were given the menu we decided to take the falafel and fried calamari as starters and they were both quite good. As a main my partner ordered a combination of chicken and lamb shish while I went for mixed grilled that had an extra portion of lamb kofta. According to my partner she was quite happy with it but I couldn’t agree entirely.
Although I don’t mind the meat a bit rare except the chicken of course I still had the feeling that it should have had an extra couple of minutes and be served very hot which wasn’t the case. Also my kofta had an almost unpleasant flavour that I couldn’t quite place. The salad was quite fresh.
The fact is that when I finish a meal my stomach gets an uplift of satisfaction which generate in my brian a kind of a feeling of well being. I honestly think that what was missing in the meal was some passion. I could sense that it was just thrown at us without love. My apologies if I sound a bit over sentimental. I also don’t think that the portions were that big either according to some reviewers. At the end we went. At the same time I was thinking what could I have to fill that little gap in my belly!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Been there twice now and both times the quality of the food and excellent service never failed to please. More than just another local Turkish restaurant, the atmosphere is romantic and vibrant and the service attentive without being imposing. Will go back!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Make no mistake, despite the apparently dim and uninviting interior, this has to be one of the gems of Muswell Hill.

It offers sensationally tasty and charcoal-suffused grills of really generous and satisfyingly value-for-money take-away meals with ample servings of rice and salad.

Their chicken grill or TAVUK SIS, is to die for. Eight chunks of tender and juicy pieces of chicken grilled the way you want it and accompanied by a refreshing and fresh salad served on a bed of vermicelli rice sprinkled with chickpeas. A clever take on the usual rice mix.

The aubergine and tomato dish (IMAM BAYILDI) is superb! As someone who has sampled this dish in many Turkish restaurants here and in the USA and in Turkey, this version has to be the best as it combines great flavour, ample amounts of each ingredient and, critically, no grease to speak of, allowing the range of tastes and flavours to burst through perfectly.

All in all, this is a FANTASTIC place, despite its name (which, I believe, means 'carpet' or 'rug' in Turkish) and representing impressive value for money especially in terms of generosity of portions; quality of ingredients and hospitality offered by staff.

Can't recommend this place enough from a confirmed devourer of Turkish food!