“The View Restaurant 29th Floor”
Review of Millbank Tower

Millbank Tower
Ranked #809 of 1,656 things to do in London
Coventry
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The View Restaurant 29th Floor”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

6 course taster menu was great value (we had a discounted voucher and 2 meals were just under £70) all courses well presented (my wife photographed each course) and very interesting - nice blend of flavours
The view over London was breathtaking - on a summer evening we saw the shadows lengthen and as dusk fell the sight was almost magical - overlooking Big Ben, the London Eye you can pick out Nelson's column Piccadilly lights flashing in the distance as well as Wembley, the BT tower and the river Thames.
A lovely evening (my birthday treat from a friend) - most memorable. On a slight downside the staff are a little inexperienced but do try very hard - not sure I would pay the full asking price of £90 per head? Also a taster wine menu at £45 per head is available - we were driving so did not take this option.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank DZ2

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“millbank tower london”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I went there recently and had cocktails while waiting for our meal. We really enjoyed the amazing views and found the staff very professional yet friendly and helpful. Our meal was delicious well presented and a reasonable price for the venue.We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. It would be perfect for a romantic evening you would certaintly impress. I recently saw the skyline restaurant on the only way is chelsea and it looked so good I wanted to go there. We werent disappointed.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank barbarelli
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“28th Floor Restaurant”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We went to the 28th floor to sample the Burger/Cocktail and Salad dinner (They also offer lobster package). We arrived on time for our booking but had to wait over 45 minutes for our table. It then took a while to place our order - eventually when the food did arrive my angus burger was raw (everyone else's medium). I mentioned this to the staff and they smiled politely at me..feeling that the waiter was inexperienced I didn't pursue this complaint as I was full from the chips and salad. The cocktails were good, a bit pricey at 9.50 each but a good selection. Great views and very spacious.

Visited March 2014
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Restaurant on 28th floor”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Wonderful 360 degree views of London, would also recommend coming here during the day. Food well presented and interesting and the tasting menu well worth it at 50% off. The matching wines were good and the diner could choose from 2/3 per course. Unfortunately there was no port to accompany the final course but we were allowed to choose a liqueur instead. Our waiter was very helpful, other staff friendly but gave the impression they were still training.

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disgraceful rip off of an evening”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I attended mill bank tower sky bar on New Year's Eve 2013. I was charged £145 for the evening. I had to stand in the same spot most of the evening to ensure I saw the fireworks. The buffet was cold and there weren't enough tables so I had to sit on the floor to eat. Most people were standing. We were offered a cinema and popcorn on the website but on the evening it was a tacky bucking bronco! You had to pay to put your coat away on top of all the money that was already spent on the ticket! The promised welcome cocktail was mainly sugary juice drink with minimal alcohol in it, this was served in a plastic tumbler. They ran out of champagne for the promised drink at midnight which is unacceptable! The staff were also extremely rude! The vast majority of people who attended this event were disgusted as a complaint email has been sent to everyone on the list by a large amount of people. I want a refund!!

Visited December 2013