“No Water, No Shower !!”
Review of SO West

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
SO West
Ranked #651 of 923 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My girlfriend and I stooped here recently for a weekend, to see a show at the shepherds bush empire. Now the location is excellent, with everything you could need close at hand, cafés, pubs, restaurants, tubes, buses and of course the shepherds bush empire it's self.
But as for the So West apartments not so good, on arriving at 15:30, when we found the building (not marked at all !), we had to ring the contact number, who told us the cleaner was there and would let us in. He came down let us in but informed us, the room was not ready yet and would be another half hour, could we leave the bags there and come back later, well we did but when we booked we were told, check in was 14:00. When we came back that evening the bags were in the room and it was clean, but we weren't overly impressed with the apartment itself, there was only one mirror in the hole place (for my girl friend) in the bath room, there was only one bedside cabinet as someone had previously moved it to living room as there wasn't any where to put your drinks while watching tv. As for watching tv, the sofa was awful, it was a cheap sofa bed with only a wooden back rest to sit against, with only one cushion, which made it very uncomfortable to sit on.
On the first morning I woke at about 08:30, went to clean my teeth, only to find there was no water, I phoned the reception (well contact number as there was no reception !), he said there was maintenance work and water would be back on at nine, we waited in bed till gone nine, checked the water but still none. We rang back again to be told the engineer was there and that it would be another 15 minutes and he would ring us when it was done. Come 9:45 we still had no water or had any phone calls, we wanted to go out, we rang the man again, this time to give him a roll-akin, saying how we were having to go out without being able to have a shower, only just managing to clean our teeth and that the water had better be on when we come back. We went out had breakfast, went to shepherds bush market and portobello market, all were close and great. When we returned, we turned taps on to find we had water. My girlfriend wanted a bath, she went to run it, only to find the water would only come out the shower head and not the bath filler and was very slow. I had to take the shower head off the pipe, to quicken the filling, when she came back she found the water was too hot as there was hardly any cold water, she had to leave it an hour or more to cool before she could get in. After she had bathed, I had to share the water, as I didn't want to go all through that again, only to find when I finished, I pulled the plug out and the water wouldn't drain away. We had, had enough and went out to try and forget about it all.
In the morning when we were due to leave, we got up to shower, only to find, there was plenty of hot water but only a dribble of cold from the shower, you simply couldn't get under the shower as you would have been scalded. My girlfriend was livid, she rang the contact number, but it went to answer phone, she left it a few minutes then rang back and again it went to answer phone, this time she left an angry message. When she came off the phone, I said try again on your phone, as they don't know your number, she did and low and behold there was someone there ! He got an ear hole bashing and assured her get he wasn't avoiding us, he said he would get someone up to have a look in the hour. She said that was no good as we were about to leave, she said I know it's not your fault, your only doing your job, can I have the owners phone number, he refused saying it was a Sunday and he was not to be disturbed. This wound us up we said what about our sunday being ruined and said we were going to put a bad review online unless he got in touch with us today, he said please don't do that, give us 24 to 48 hours for the owner to get back to you, after the weekend to discuss your problems, we agreed, as there was not much else we could do. Well it's four days later, he has both our phone numbers and my email address but we've heard nothing, hence this long but I think justified moan.
So if your thinking of stopping here make sure you don't mind going without washing !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Has the potential to be really good, bathrooms and kitchens are great but the furnishings are just junk. Beds are terrible, don't believe the nice looking pictures, no lamps or bed side tables, cushions for bed heads, cheap cheap drawers and wardrobes. Curtains are thin and don't open. It's next to a busy road but that's London. I'm travelling with 2 young children and was here for 4 days, I phoned everyday to get someone to fix the tv but it never happened, no DVD as advertised. the smoke alarm is positioned above the oven... No tea towels, dish washer tablets and just 2 saucepans for cooking if you want to go there. I remember having the same mishmash of cups plates bowls etc as a student. Good curry house over the road.

Room Tip: Don't choose So Siena, this was our 'upgrade' when our other accommodation had maintenan...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie467
Reviewed 9 August 2013

look at these photos of our luxury 2 bed ensuite property which ended up a 1 bed squat,
can't describe the facilities, the pictures say it all. even the fire alarm was disabled. bed ripped, mattress was filthy. extractor hanging off the wall

Room Tip: do not choose this establishment , manager wasn't even available EVER
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends