“Lovely start to the evening”
Review of Sky Backstage

Sky Backstage
Ranked #8,587 of 24,439 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I went to Micky Flanagan at the O2 arena and started the evening by going into sky backstage.
The staff are all very friendly, the security staff were very helpful and friendly & the bar staff were all also very welcoming, the bar staff greeted us with a smile and were very helpful with us when we chose our food and drinks, I had the hotdog wedges and homemade coleslaw, reasonably priced food and tasty.
I can only complain about the fact I didn't have enough time to get all my freebies, the pool game, karaoke, and massage. Got too caught up in good food drink and conversation.
Going back ASAP

1  Thank Fionamarienolan

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had read the reviews on here and so did not have particularly high hopes for the Sky Bar, but it was cold outside and they served beer, so how bad could it be?!

Turns out, very bad. There was a real lack of atmosphere in there, it felt a little bit like drinking in a library (I would imagine!)

I hadn't planned on ordering food, as the reviews were so poor, but we were starving and so decided to order the "Sliders Combo" and hope for the best. Sadly even though we were expecting the worst, we were still disappointed. When I ordered the food I was told it would be about 10 minutes. 1 hour later there was still no sign of food! I requested a refund, which to be fair, I was given - along with the manager putting my order through again, so I would get a hot, fresh meal as well as the refund. Sure enough, the food did materialise this time, and I am so glad it was free! A teeny, tiny hotdog covered in cold onions and in a stale bun, a bite size vegetable burrito which was flavourless, a luke warm 5cm burger and a cone of chips that wouldn't have made a dent on a field mouse's appetite.

The bar staff were inexperienced and very slow, but they were at least friendly. However, when there's a queue 3 deep all along the bar, friendly isn't quite as important as efficiency. Avoid the cocktails as well, very slow to make and neither of them tasted quite right.

There are loads of places to grab something to eat and drink around the o2, visit one of them instead.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had tickets for Jay Z at the O2 this October and visited the Sky stand in the corner of the entrance hall. we had no idea what the point was until we got to the top and found a separate red carpet style entrance, we had our picture taken and ended up in a celebrity style champagne bar with views over then stage. Very nice surprise with comfy pre concert seating I would highly recommend this concert addition.

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Went before a concert to avoid crowd and queues outside. We liked it a lot. It is a bar so expect bar food, the menu offers : sausages and mash, Thai green chicken curry, chicken Caesar salad, avocado Caesar salad, gourmet burger, turkey and bacon sandwich, beef sandwich, hot dog, focaccia base pizzas - veg and ham, chicken bites and some small snacks. We had the burger and chicken bites both come with chips, coleslaw and dip.
Food average. All priced around £10. Cocktails £8.50, bottle of red wine £20. Come early to avoid queues at the bar when ordering.

It is very dark, but i loved the atmosphere. Would recommend.

1  Thank MissyM_UK
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had tickets for the Sky Backstage Bar when seeing the Michael Buble show and have to say this did add that little bit extra to our evening.

We opted to enter as soon as the doors open so joined the queue at 5pm (doors opened 5.30pm).

The staff were friendly, informative and helpful. Bags are checked upon entering and a handy tip is if you are taking a plastic bottle in have a spare lid in your pocket as lids are removed from all bottles.

Upon entering you can have your picture taken on the "red carpet" a little extra memento of the evening and you can opt to have a massage or your make-up touched up.

The bar itself is spacious and relaxed with a good variety of drinks. The menu although not extensive has a it of everything and the prices are in line with those of other eateries in the O2. Our food was served quickly and was tasty and good value for money.

When the arena doors open access to your seats is easy and certainly beats the queues.

All in all a great experience which gave us that little bit extra.

1  Thank vlw2209