All reviews cafe ole breakfast box northcote road great location train station travel lodge room was clean pubs and restaurants budget hotel shower curtain high street short stay easy access rooms are small noise lidl victoria
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed from 17- 21April. Booked a while in advance so got a great rate. Travelled to London for a family celebration but others who booked later than me paid a lot more for their rooms. Hotel is basic but clean. On checking in got a shock at how small the room was, not even enough space for bedside tables! Was travelling with my sister so tried to get a second room as we didn't want to share a double bed but price quoted for the Saturday night was more than double what we'd already paid so decided to stick with the one room. Tried, also, to change to twin room but was told there were none available. While I would use this hotel again (convenient to family who live in London) I really think the double room size is only suited to single occupancy.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful when booking taxis, etc. as mentioned earlier the bedroom and bathroom were spotless. At night it was very noisy from outside as there's a bus stop across the road which attracted very noisy revellers each night. Also, there didn't appear to be air conditioning so would imagine the room would be stiflingly hot during the summer.

The area is really well served with transport links, shops and restaurants. My rating for the hotel is based on the price I paid but if I'd paid the higher rates other people in my group paid the rating would be considerably lower!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here for the Easter end for visiting family. Hotel was very clean, reception staff very helpful and efficient. Room basic but for the price you pay excellent value. Bed very comfortable and efficient shower what more can you want from a hotel room. Ideal location for Clapham Junction station for people arriving by train. Only downside the hotel does not have it's own car park and had problems parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on 12 to 14th of April. The hotel was clean, modern and good value. What made our stay exceptional was the service provided by the 2 female receptionist on duty over the 2 days. I wish I had made a note of their names. They were both friendly, helpful and smiley. They were professional and really provided a 5 star service. Well done! Please pass on our thanks to the staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. For the price it is good value. The bed was comfy. The only thing missing was a bath. Only showers offered in a twin room (apparently it seems that only people in a double room need to soak in the bath!!). It was very noisy with the windy open - but then to be expected being so close to Clapham Junction. Very convenient for the train. the view from the 5th floor window was great over London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2014

nice clean hotel.Nice friendly staff.I always ask for a room at the top floor and I always get one.Hotel is close to public transport.The only negative point I have is not enough shelves to put clothes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo