“Great coffee but dirty tables and little space to sit”
Review of Pret a Manger

Pret a Manger
Ranked #2,591 of 24,329 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Fast food
Neighbourhood: Islington
Neighbourhood: Islington
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

The coffee here was very good as usual but the staff were not cleaning tables and it was hard to find a seat as so many people seem to think it is ok just to use this place as a lounge when they have no intention of buying anything to eat or drink. When it is busy like this it is better to walk across the road to St Pancras where at the rear of the station there is an excellent choice of cafes that i have never seen packed plus there are free toilets there.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (184)

Reviewed 13 July 2016

When we were in London, Pret was a daily stop for us. The food here is both affordable & delicious & is one of the few places where you get good options for vegetarian packed food. I also adored the dark chocolate sold at Pret, which I miss to this day. The service is also wonderful, with friendly staff.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 3 July 2016

I recently travelled through Europe with my teen son, whose tastes and expectations in food are a bit different than mine. I'm no longer 17 so I can't (or shouldn't) eat as he does, so during our trip I was always on the lookout for something a bit healthier than the standard fast food restaurant choices. We spent a few days in London at the beginning and end of our trip with a few weeks on the continent in between, and unfortunately I did not discover Pret until we were at St. Pancras station to catch the Eurostar on our way out of the UK. I had seen Prets all over London (they are as ubiquitous in London as McDonald's and Starbucks) from the window of buses but didn't know what they were. I wish I had discovered them earlier. They offer lots of fresh and unique options for those trying to eat a bit healthier, for example, a wide choice of sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, juices, some of the best coffee I found in London, and their prices are reasonable. They are an excellent choice for the commuter or tourist on the go.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Really nice coffee, having a fantastic mocca pretty good for a chain restaurant and located in a train station , seats are good staff friendly

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 8 May 2016

This cafe is open from 5.30am till 11.59pm and my wife and I arrived about 10pm last night and were served a first rate decaf flat white. This place is so useful as you can get good coffee and food almost all day. The downside is it can be incredibly busy and you may need to walk about 3 minutes to the Pret at the rear of St Pancras International which is usually less busy.

Date of visit: May 2016