“Wonderful local pub with very good meals”
Review of The Andover Arms

The Andover Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Andover Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 24,089 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: London's Hidden Gem. A traditional 1880's public house. Tucked away in Hammersmith W6. Serving fresh Modern English food with Mediterranean twist, British real ales, great wine selection enshrouded with great honest customer service. Very Honest Place.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived by subway and did some walk there following the Tripadvisor reviews - and indeed it was worth it. Just turn left ( and not like we did through the main road) when exiting the subway station through narrow passage, then use google map or Tripadvisor offline city map, this is 5 minutes walk from Ravenscourt tube. We felt local atmosphere - no tourists around:-). This is typically London's pub , crowded with locals , warm welcome and perfect service combined with very good ( huge portion !) food. I would suggest to take couple very delicious starters and one main course for 2.

4  Thank Mari W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The pub revels in this title. We could not get into our favourite gastro pub so following reviews on Tripadvisor we tried the Andover Arms. Though it was a Monday evening and raining it was pretty full - a good sign.
There looked to be a few good beers at the bar as we made our way to an empty table
The food menu was very good with a lot of fish choices - ideal for my wife who prefers these and a vegetarian option.
We had very nice bread and olives whilst we struggled to choose our dinner. The wine list is short and interesting. We went for a glass of viognier (excellent) and a Cotes du Rhone (good)
I had a starter of Thai beef salad which was hot, sweet , salty and with a real chili bite - very nice
The main of a bacon cheese burger was very good - nice beef, excellent bacon all in a very tasty seeded bun. The chips were overcooked and were not eaten, the accompanying salad mediocre. My wife went for the chicken stuffed with halumi which she really liked
The fish dishes being delivered to other tables looked really good - worth further trips to explore the menu further
We could not eat any more. It was quite a reasonable bill at the end of all that
We will certainly be returning. A great little neighbourhood eatery

4  Thank Uday T
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've lived in Hammersmith for over 6 months now and I've been to the Andover Arms at least half a dozen times. They serve lovely, well-cooked, hearty British food. At my last visit, on Wednesday night, I had the lamb shoulder, which was absolutely huge! The portion sizes are really fantastic so it's great value (especially with a tastecard). The service used to be a bit lacking but they have recently hired new waitresses who are much more efficient and very friendly. Our waitress noticed that I had polished off all of the gravy on my plate and asked me if I wanted some more, which I really appreciated. The atmosphere is great too - always really busy so I'd recommend booking in advance! My only would criticism would be that the desserts don't always live up to the standard of the mains - the brownie and sticky toffee pudding aren't as rich or as goey as I would like. Also, please bring back the pork and carrot roulade, it was one of my favourite mains!

5  Thank AmyJacqueline
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

My gf had the scallops/squid appetiser and absolutely loved it! The lamb was just incredible as was the steak/venison pie. Service was absolutely spot on and extremely courteous. Great atmosphere.. Great price.. Amazing food!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stopped by The Andover Arms for dinner after reading all the positive reviews on TA...we were not disappointed! The staff were lovely and found us a table fairly quickly, despite the fact we did not have any reservation. The food was excellent and the selection of beer was very good. I would highly recommend The Andover Arms to other travellers.

4  Thank Ali J