“Changed my mind about English food!”
Review of The Andover Arms

The Andover Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Andover Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: London's Hidden Gem. A traditional 1880's public house. Tucked away in Hammersmith W6. Serving fresh Modern English food with Mediterranean twist, British real ales, great wine selection enshrouded with great honest customer service. Very Honest Place.
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I traveled with my father to London for about a week and had several bad to mediocre English meals. Maybe it was just where we were eating, but I was beginning to lose hope. This place was amazing and it just so happened to be walking distance from our hotel. The service was superb and personable. We ordered the ham taurine, lamb shoulder, and a Shepard's pie of sorts (I forget the name on the menu). All delicious and wonderful! English food is great! Thanks Andover Arms - I was wrong!

5  Thank CodyEatsWorld
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear CodyEatsWorld,

It was a pleasure to have met you both last night and I am so pleased that we were able to change your opinions of British Cuisine. I hope that we will see you for one last pint tonight on your last night but otherwise please put us on the list of people that you have to come back to the UK to visit.
Enjoy the West End !!

Vicki

Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I came here on a trip to London with my partner and out friends the other week. We were expecting a lot due to the brilliant reviews, and we were disappointed. We didn't find it too hard to find which we were please of, coming from Leeds! The waiting and bar staff were great, welcoming, chatty, helpful, and this contributes a lot to the overall experience. I had the scallops, pea puree, crispy squid and balsamic starter- gorgeous. The scallops were cooked beautifully and the squid perfect- all the favours were excellent. My friends had the tomato and basil soup which I tried, that too was lovely, really fresh, we still keep talking about it now! For mains I had the turbot and Cray fish pate. Fish cooked really well, wasn't dry or overcooked, and there was plenty of it. My partner and one of our friends had the roast shoulder of lamb, which again us girls couldn't resist trying. This was cooked so well, really soft and flavoursome. Over all we were not disappointed and will definitely be returning on future trips to London!

3  Thank foodieleeds2013

Dear Foodieleeds2013,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your meal with us, I have to say that I got really worried when I read your review as in the beginning it says that you "were" disappointed ( and I am hoping that this was a typo) as further on you say differently.... It was lovely to have met you all and I hope that you will be able to come back and see us soon....

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Based on the good reviews, we decided to seek out the Andover Arms on a recent trip to London. We took the underground out to Ravenscourt Station and then about a 5-8 minute walk from there through neighborhood streets to find this gem of a pub. It is definitely worth the effort to get to. We did not have a reservation and while the pub is fairly small, the staff greeted us when we came in and said they'd get a table ready for us. We were seated quickly and given menus to review. The choice was difficult as everything on the menu sounded good. I understand the menu there can change daily as they definitely do 'fresh' food. I tried the traditional fish and chips and my husband tried their Leg of Lamb. The fish and chips were excellent and the fish was a piece of fish the size of the platter (huge). It was served with chips (fries) and mushy peas which you could tell were very fresh. My husband leg of lamb was massive. I tasted it as well and we both raved about it. It could not have been better! We had their sticky pudding with toffee sauce which was also very good. All of the wait staff that passed by were incredibly friendly and did an outstanding job asking if we were doing ok, needed anything, etc. To give an idea of price, an order of fish/chips, leg of lamb meal, 1 beer and 1 glass of wine came to 54.90 British Pounds. It was one of the best meals we had in London and by far the most outstanding service we had on our entire trip.

If in London, make the effort to go to the Andover Arms. Due to the limited seating, I recommend contacting them via phone or email through their website to make a reservation.

Travel Tip; Take the London Underground Circle line (green line) to Ravenscourt Park station. There is an alley type walkway that cuts over to Dalling Rd, Take Dalling Rd north, then right on Glenthorne Rd, then left on Lamington a short distance. Then go right on Atwood to a left on Bradmore Park, you'll see the pub just a short distance down. Sounds like a bunch of walking but it's a short walk through quiet neighborhoods...not far at all. We did it in about 5 minutes from the tube station to the pub... it's about 0.4 miles (5-8 minute walk depending on your pace).

3  Thank smariel
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Smariel,

Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to explain how to find us.... we most certainly are London's Hidden Gem and without a GPS or very good directions you could be walking around the residential side streets of Hammersmith for hours !
We do at times get rather busy but generally the wait for a table is no longer than 20 minutes and just simply sitting at the bar or outside and watching the world go by while having a pint or London Pride or similar makes the time fly. I hope that you will come back and join us again on a future visit to London.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great food, wonderful wine, exceptional service and a lovely cozy atmosphere.

This is what every pub should be like, lucky we live nearby!

5  Thank ScottRichardsonBrown

Dear Scotland1975,

Thank you very much for your review.... I may be a little biased however I believe that you summed us up perfectly. Hoping that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We showed up without a reservation and were immediately (think we got lucky) seated by the manager, who was AWESOME! Super friendly, energetic, helpful, and accommodating. Really can't say enough about how much we liked her. Felt like friends right away...The interior was very, very nice. Definitely a hipster, farm to table vibe, but not at all cheesy or contrived. The food was excellent and we had a great evening. Not world class, but fun, casual, and totally worth the trek to get there.

5  Thank Mojua

Dear Mojua,

Thank you so much... it has definitely given me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside reading your review (and I have read it more than once for repeated affect) It was wonderful to meet you both and I am so glad that were able to find you a table so quickly... even if it was a little cozy. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip and I hope that one day on a future trip to London we will be able to meet again.