“Delicious and lovely restaurant in london!!!”
Review of The Andover Arms

The Andover Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Andover Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: London's Hidden Gem. A traditional 1880's public house. Tucked away in Hammersmith W6. Serving fresh Modern English food with Mediterranean twist, British real ales, great wine selection enshrouded with great honest customer service. Very Honest Place.
Basiglio, Italy
“Delicious and lovely restaurant in london!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed the evening in this restaurant!! :
Every course was amazing and very very delicious!!! I went there with my sister and we absolutely recommend the chocolate brownie...it was really lovely and also very big!!
We can also say that the quality/price ratio was good.

6 Thank Federica P
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Federica,

Thank you very much for your review, I am so happy that you and your sister enjoyed your experience. I am glad that you have mentioned my favourite dish on the menu....I have done A LOT of quality control on that particular dish (that is why I am on a diet now....)

There is a very fine line between not enough food and too much food and I am afraid to say that on the whole we edge on the side of too much... I feel there is nothing worse than not getting quite enough and leaving hungry so instead we endeavor to make you open your top button.

I hope that if you are ever in our neighbourhood again that you will come and visit us again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sliema, Malta
“Amazing throughout !”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We really and truly enjoyed every moment at the The Andover Arms Pub. From the very first minute we entered the staff made us feel comfortable, at home. The service was impeccable and the food to die for! Well a truly genuine British Pub, a hidden gem!

5 Thank Edward C
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Edward,

Thank you very much for your review and I am so glad that you enjoyed our hidden Gem...... the team are absolutely amazing both on the floor and in the kitchen and I am incredibly lucky to be able to work with all of them... I feel as though I have gained family members in my life not colleagues.....
I hope to visit Malta soon so I shall be taking on all your words of advice regarding your restaurant recommendations there...

Come back and see us soon,

England.
“A secret uncovered!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My daughter told me that my favourite pub restaurant has been uncovered by the unbiased followers of Trip Advisor as seventh best eating venue in London out of 13,000. Part of me thinks:'Brilliant - and justified.' Another niggling part thinks:'Damn it - the secret is out.'

Nowhere quite compares to this wonderful little place tucked away in Brackenbury Village, Hammersmith to which I have been going regularly since my daughter bought a place in nearby Hammersmith Grove in 2009. The new owners had not long reopened at that point, I think, and they have been delivering five star meals and the friendliest of service ever since in the world's best pub atmosphere.

I have been fortunate to eat in fine and expensive restaurants (some of which I have reported on for TripAdvisor ) but this is the best. I just want to reassure anyone thinking of booking that the food and mood has been consistent on every visit, whether with friends celebrating a rare result for West Bromwich Albion at nearby QPR or Fulham - or even more remarkably, Chelsea - a midweek lunch for two or a family meal in the evening. It almost hurts to say this, because it means booking a table is going to take longer, but if The Andover Arms remains in the present ownership with the quality staff employed, you'd be very unlucky not to have a highly enjoyable experience. A particular recommendation: a chill, dark winter's evening - a light smattering of snow, even better - when the open fire glows and the perfectly kept Chiswick bitter flows along with the conversation. You can't beat it.

• Visited July 2014
10 Thank layaboutEngland_
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear LayaboutEngland,

The cat may well be out of the bag about London's Hidden Gem but we are definitely the lucky ones to have such incredible locals, visitors and customers...

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we certainly try and keep the mood relaxed and neutral so that it can suit any occasion or mood and I totally agree that we are best suited to cold winters nights with the open fire blazing however sipping a Pimms outside while watching the world go by isn't a bad way to spend an afternoon.

I hope that we do not need to wait for West Bromwich Albion to be playing near us again to see you again.

Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Tucked Away But Worth Finding”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Four of us agreed that this pub was worth the trek all the way across London for dinner. The chef knows what he is doing--flavors all blend well and the food is wholesome--with hearty servings. The Thai beef salad starter is incredibly good. Really great house wines too .

5 Thank Lisa T
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Lisa.

Thank you very much for taking the trek and coming to find us... I agree, the Thai beef salad is delicious... I normally double it up and have it as a main course.... I try very hard to stay on a diet but, it is really hard with so many amazing things to try on the menu....

Our House wine is constantly changing but we always take great care in making sure that it is very quaffable (another great excuse to do a lot of quality control!) ... at the moment we have a Spanish Tempranillo and Chardonnay....

I hope that if ever you are back in London that you will come and say Hi again...

I hope that if you
Atlanta
“SURPRISE!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a must do if you are in London! It is definitely off the beaten path but the food and service were WONDERFUL! Lovely people, true English pub setting, terrific meal. Can't tell you how much we enjoyed it.

• Visited July 2014
7 Thank mswearingen
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Ms Wearingen,

I am so glad that we so pleasantly surprised you... we are certainly off the beaten track but, our little village is very quaint ... and the community atmosphere is almost a little piece of the country in the big town....

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words and I hope that if you ever find yourself in Hammersmith again that you will pop in and say hi.