“Hidden in Hammersmith”
Review of The Andover Arms

The Andover Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Andover Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 23,562 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: London's Hidden Gem. A traditional 1880's public house. Tucked away in Hammersmith W6. Serving fresh Modern English food with Mediterranean twist, British real ales, great wine selection enshrouded with great honest customer service. Very Honest Place.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

A great pub that's tucked a away, but well worth going to find! Lovely food, pleasant atmosphere and yummy food. Go have a look - you won't be disappointed!

6  Thank TangoDreaming
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear TangoDreaming,

Thank you very much for your review.... (in my slightly biased opinion) you have summed us up perfectly... We are a little tucked away however we would not be London's Hidden Gem if you didn't get lost finding us.

Hoping that we will see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This pub has the most incredible atmosphere, especially in the winter when you can nestle by the fire at the back! When I was living alone at my auntie's house around the corner I found this place such a sanctuary, sipping on a glass of white and reading the newspaper with the most outstanding soup and bread - absolute heaven. When I was feeling like less of a loner this place also does the most exceptional roasts and naughty manchego cheese salads!

7  Thank Isabel L

Dear Isabel,

Thank you very much for your review... we certainly are slightly more suited to the winter season with the blazing open fire, flickering candles and soft Jazz music playing in the back ground but, that is not to say that sipping a Pimms on the pavement before having a huge duck breast, watermelon and feta salad doesn't suit us also.

I hope that we do not need to wait till the nights get shorter and the weather gets colder to see you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Food is amazing and so reasonably priced, portions are huge too (enough for two people but I'm not complaining). I had the lamb shoulder and it may as well have been an entire lamb, the steak was great too, cooked perfectly with lovely fresh chips. Service was excellent, went away for a minute and the manager was chatting to my girlfriend as she'd seen her waiting, just a really nice touch. Paid our bill after a last drink at the bar, ordered another while my girlfriend was finishing hers and the barman Jon gave me my last drink on the house, just can't fault it. Would recommend over and over.

8  Thank Sam P

Dear Cichlids,

It was wonderful to have met you the other night.... and you certainly made a very valiant attempt of the Half Lamb Shoulder.... You also mentioned the chips ... I have to admit that there are some busy nights that we have a communal staff bowl of chips going in the back just to keep the energy levels up.... they are very more'ish and amazing with Mayo....

it was our pleasure for your last drink but we couldn't possibly make you pay for the last bit of the bottle that didn't make a shot ...

You live so far away... when are we going to see you both again ?

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed the evening in this restaurant!! :
Every course was amazing and very very delicious!!! I went there with my sister and we absolutely recommend the chocolate brownie...it was really lovely and also very big!!
We can also say that the quality/price ratio was good.

6  Thank Federica P
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Federica,

Thank you very much for your review, I am so happy that you and your sister enjoyed your experience. I am glad that you have mentioned my favourite dish on the menu....I have done A LOT of quality control on that particular dish (that is why I am on a diet now....)

There is a very fine line between not enough food and too much food and I am afraid to say that on the whole we edge on the side of too much... I feel there is nothing worse than not getting quite enough and leaving hungry so instead we endeavor to make you open your top button.

I hope that if you are ever in our neighbourhood again that you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We really and truly enjoyed every moment at the The Andover Arms Pub. From the very first minute we entered the staff made us feel comfortable, at home. The service was impeccable and the food to die for! Well a truly genuine British Pub, a hidden gem!

5  Thank Edward C
Tom G, Manager at The Andover Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Edward,

Thank you very much for your review and I am so glad that you enjoyed our hidden Gem...... the team are absolutely amazing both on the floor and in the kitchen and I am incredibly lucky to be able to work with all of them... I feel as though I have gained family members in my life not colleagues.....
I hope to visit Malta soon so I shall be taking on all your words of advice regarding your restaurant recommendations there...

Come back and see us soon,