“Great pub with great beer selection.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Neighbourhood: Soho
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great pub with great beer selection.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Visited the pub after going to see Jersey Boys. What a find! Great welcome from the staff who gladly allowed us to taste a few of the beers before buying. The beer was lovely, including the mild.
Will certainly return when next in the area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Rudest staff I have ever met!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had read about this pub and their beer selection, so decided to go there as we like real ale. We were especially keen to try their "bacon beer" that we had heard of. As soon as walked in the old miserable man behind the bar gave us an evil look as if to day "go away, please". I ignored it and started to look for the bacon ale on the pumps, but couldn't see it. The old boy approached us and I asked politely, if they had it on.
"What you see in front of you is what we have, I don't know anything about our ales or what is on, I can't help you with that". I was so shocked I couldn't even reply back! I started to explain that we had read about this beer but don't know the name or anything, and he just repeated that he knows nothing about it and walked off.
He was the rudest person I have ever come across in a London pub, and after reading some other reviews I can see that I am not the only one thinking that!
We left without trying anything, and I can guarantee we will not return. The atmosphere in the place was horrendous, and this really is a shame as the selection and location were good.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank JakeLovesFood
London, United Kingdom
“don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

What a waste of my time what a misrable ,rude manager he don't want to be there if so go up stairs ,the place needs a good clean ,if my misses hadn't sat down and took her coat off I would have walked out.as for the toilet's don't go there never again go somewhere else

Visited March 2014
3 Thank jim865
“Old Coffee House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Never had a problem here, bar staff friendly and helpful, even give tasters! Brodies beer is always on tap and a couple of guest ales on my last visit. Crowded, but not overly so (this is London) and can normally get a seat. For me a great corner boozer.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ken M
Le Roeulx, Belgium
“Won't go back in this pub”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

The waitress discouraged us to order almost all of the menu ... we ordered jacked potatoes with jumbo sausage as they name it (if this was the jumbo, I'm curious to discover the normal one) and cheddar (hum hum, this was cheese but no cheddar), this was not as disgusting as expected but this was not excellent either! Fortunately this was cheap (that's why we enter this pub) but I won't go back there again.

• Visited September 2013