“Good food but came for breakfast - was served at lunch time”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #4,798 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe, European, French, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Whether you are on the go or have time to linger, Le Pain Quotidien is the perfect place to catch a break from the city life. The homey interior matches our organic farm food roots; a splendid display of everything from tarts to tartines can be found here at any time of day. And there's always enough fresh bread to go around!
Mauritius
“Good food but came for breakfast - was served at lunch time”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Great place, very comfortable casual seating and atmosphere, easy to walk in and grab a cup of tea. The food is very fresh and organic and tastes wonderful. Scrambled egg with smoke salmon was superb and I finished with a cheese cake that was very yum washed down with fresh mint tea.

The only down side for me was waiting 45 minutes for the scrambled egg and chasing the staff to go find out what was happening!

• Visited January 2014

Accra
“Fantastic, tasty, fresh, organic”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place looking for decent bfast and as the name suggested it was French cuisine, I had no doubts it would be good. And it is REALLY good. I am not the best judge on the pricing ad food is important to me, so If you are similar, then you should come here. I had egg salad with smoked salmon on the most amazing fresh sourdough bread, green freshly squeezed juice and good quality green tea. I am a happy camper today, my day started great.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Worst experience ever had in a restaurant”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I went to this restaurant with my future mother-in-law. We both ordered smoked salmon, bread and drinks. My future mother-in-law discovered a fingernail in the most unpleasant way possible, by finding something crunchy in her mouth (needless to say it wasn't one of her own and presumably belonged to one of the kitchen staff). It was a very horrible experience for her. When we showed a waiter what she had found the staff were slow to respond and eventually one of the waitresses came along and apologised and said they wouldn't charge for the meal (as if we would have paid, they are lucky we didn't want to sue them!) and then asked if we wanted anything else instead (as if we would of eaten or drank anything else from that establishment!).

This place clearly needs some visits from health inspectors! How someone in the kitchen can break off part of their nail while preparing food and not notice I don't understand (kitchen staff should not have that long nails anyway). It additionally even had some red nail polish on it and clearly anyone preparing food for another should not have nail polish on.

• Visited January 2014
USA
“Great Food”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were looking for a quick meal and decided to give Le Pain a try. It was a great meal - we had a couple of soups and salads - organic vegetarian lentil soup and half a grilled veggie sandwich; very generous servings, qualify food, decent price for the location. Would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013
Porto, Portugal
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Excelent breakfast (organic muesli and amazing yogurth) and the spelt bread was one of the best I have ever tasted!
We can have some hot dishes, salads and tartines (check the tuna with humus).

Visited May 2013