“The best breakfast in South East London”
Review of Cool Cats' Cafe - CLOSED

Cool Cats' Cafe
Price range: US$13 - US$67
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a restaurant bar in Camberwell, South London dedicated to providing good, fresh food and drink, in whatever combination you might wish. Full meals, coffees, cakes, snacks, juices, beer, wine and spirits but we promise to only serve things we like ourselves. We also run a programme of cultural events from our gallery wall exhibiting artists and photographer's work to film screenings, spoken word events, music and comedy. If you would like to exhibit or perform at Cool Cats' Cafe then please contact us.
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting this out of the way cafe for about three months now but usually I just have a pot of their lovely tea or cup of coffee. This morning I was feeling a little peckish so I opted for the Camberwell breakfast. My word my taste buds have thanked me for it. The food was cooked by the chef who you can tell has a deep passion for his craft and he obviously takes great pride in his work. The choclate cheesecake I've also sampled before and WOW. It's partytime for your mouth. The staff are always very welcoming and friendly making you feel at ease, (and easy on the eye to always a plus eh fellows?). My advise to you is if your ever in Camberwell take the time to visit as only a jaded soul would have a bad time here. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food on offer.

CoolCatsCafe, Owner at Cool Cats' Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hi - thanks for your comments. Sorry it took a little while for us to reply and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Good food, great service, nice atmosphere and local. I'm a regular and would reccomend Cool Cats to everyone.

CoolCatsCafe, Owner at Cool Cats' Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thanks for your comments and no doubt see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I live just round the corner, so I'm in Cool Cats a lot, I absolutely love the food, the coffee is good, the hot chocolate is brilliant.
The staff are all brilliantly friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble.
I also always buy my hummus from here and it's absolutely fantastic!
Great little spot!
If there is anything negative it's that the portions could be a little bit bigger, but that'a all!

Thanks for this review, much appreciated and noted re: portions sizes - we try and draw a balance but please do ask if you're feeling hungry!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Visited for the first time last night and all four of us loved it. The food was tasty and you don't often see oxtail stew on the menu. Great laid back atmosphere with extremely friendly staff. The open mic night was really fun too (although the kitchen noises were slightly distracting on the quieter performances...we found it hard not to laugh). Will definitely be back!

Thanks for these comments - we're really glad you appreciate what we get up to at Cool Cats'. The open mic nights are drawing in some great acts now too (and we've asked the chef to be little quieter... )

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I took the owner up on his offer of a free meal for two last saturday after a disappointing meal in July. It was a perfect evening for me and my friend. The food was fantastic - just as I remembered it from past visits. The service was faultless and as it was film night we also got to watch an old classic Arlo Gutherie's Alice's Restaurant.
I will definitely be going back. Thanks Cool Cats Cafe you're my favourite local eaterie again.

CoolCatsCafe, Owner at Cool Cats' Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thanks for this update and it was good to see you back at Cool Cats'. Do keep an eye on our listings for other events we have on.