“Great family-owned Italian restaurant”

Amarcord Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3,085 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$24 - US$48
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
“Great family-owned Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Solo lunch here the other day. Sadly I didn't have much time so I went for the Salata della Siciliana - leaves, tomatoes, olives, peppers, anchovies etc, all very fresh, and just the thing for a warm day. I also had garlic bread and a fine glass of house red.
The restaurant was not busy, and the service was friendly and good.
This restaurant deserves more business - tell your friends!

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Orleans
“Good Italian food.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have been eating at Verdi (across the street from Amarcord) for years and decided to try a new experience. The restaurant did very well but I was disappointed by an upcharge on the dish I ordered. The food was good and overall I would recommend the restaurant for a pleasant dinner at reasonable prices.
We had pizza and a veal dish. The pizza was large and well done served hot off of the oven.
The veal was thin and tender. In place of vegetables and potatoes they indicated I could substitute pasta with no charge, but when the bill came it had a $7 upcharge (he pasta was very good! But not that good).
The house wine was good but a half bottle was not one of the menu choices so you have to order by the glass or (disaster) order a whole bottle.
I would return to this restaurant but would be more careful about the charges.
They also round the check up or down to the nearest pound (which I don't object to but others have expressed concern).
Good Italian near Russell Square.

• Visited May 2014
Kamloops, Canada
“Good reliable basics for a reasonable price”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to the restaurant because it was a few steps from our hotel, and returned for a second meal because it impressed. Risotto is very good,

• Visited May 2014
Paris, France
“You can taste the love in the food”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I met my husband here for lunch as he was close by on business. I had the Bruschetta as a starter It was beautifully fresh with just a touch of red onion and lovely olive oil. You could taste that the love had been put into it. My main was the chicken with mushroom cream sauce and it was truly divine. I had a side of the deep fried zucchini it was all excellent and brilliant value. The service is humble, non intrusive and efficient. I am genuinely not a relative of the owners but I would definitely go back... Jamie Oliver should try it... he would poach the chef!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Amanda C
Bothell, Washington
“Great Southampton Row Italian Restuarant”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This bit of London near the British Museum and the University of London has a number of restaurants, all of which we have sampled during the past 8 years. While not as well established as Denise's next door and Verdi across the street the owner and his manager, Tony, have turned it into a very comfortable and reasonable alternative. My wife and I sampled a number of selections during our recent two-week stay in London and each was well prepared and reasonably priced. We had pizza, pasta and chicken as well as other selections and I would not hesitate to return. Food prices in London are generally through the roof, but Amarcord offers great value and good food for the money. We would definitely recommend this comfortable Italian restaurant to any of you in the area as a good place to eat and rest your feet after a long day trudging the museums and streets of London.

• Visited April 2014