“One of my favourite spots”
Review of La Gourmandina

La Gourmandina
Reserve with OpenTable
La Gourmandina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,649 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$45
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Description: La gourmandina is an Italian and French Restaurant, owned and managed by a Franco-Italian couple, who like to define themselves as "French and Italian Enogastronomic Ambassadors". They bring together the best of both worlds by making London discover traditional regional French and Italian dishes that can't be easily found elsewhere. The menu changes regularly with the seasons to offer only the freshest ingredients at the right time. Everything is prepared with the highest quality ingredients to put Products under the spotlight and let their best natural flavors speak. Selection of natural, bio-dynamic and high quality wines.
London, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite spots”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Being located in Lambs Conduit Street, is testament to any restaurant that has been there for a while, as it's a little tucked away. There's not the footfall or one off tourist diners that can often sustain anything below par, something La Gourmandina most certainly is not.

Quite often I to meet friends or if I have been working late. It's perfect for both.

Laid back, friendly and hospitable. I feel comfortable here finishing off the working day, hanging out firing off the days final few emails, whilst enjoying a lite bite and a glass of vino.

Or meeting with friends, in this very relaxed setting and enjoying the latest creations or old favourties from the menu.

All that said, the thing I really love about coming here, is the attention to detail in the plates, the ingredients and the wines. For me, when dining out, you can't go wrong in a place where they create the food with love, here you can tell they love what they do and this certainly come through in the food and the whole dining experience.

• Visited February 2014

Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous little French/Italian bistro”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

On a recent trip to London, we had the most delightful food and hospitality experience in La Gourmandina – a gorgeous little French/Italian bistro, which my husband had done his research on before we left Dublin. It certainly paid off. Excellent food, personal attention by the owner, friendly staff and lovely non-pretentious surroundings. The celebration was for my birthday, which the bistro of course didn’t know. But much to my delight and very appropriately given the day it was, they asked if I would like a glass of champagne instead of Prosecco at no additional charge! Aside from the delicious food, the little touches, and personal service made all the difference to us, and it was our most memorable dining experience of our two day London trip. I highly recommend La Gourmandina - we will definitely be returning!

Michelle & Max
From Dublin

“Enjoyed every visit”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I work around the corner and so have popped into La Gourmandina a number of times and it has always been a delight. It's a trusty place to take anyone (friend, business, family) as it has a laid back, low key atmosphere. You feel comfortable staying for a tea / coffee or having a longer lunch (the salads are vert tasty, as are the cakes and tarts!)

In the evening, its a pleasant place to get a nice glass of wine in a relaxed environment. I like taking the seats at the front as it's a great place to people watch on lambs conduit.

“An oasis in an oasis”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A delightful place providing a valuable role inside an iconic street waiting for your visit in the middle of London. A good range of culinary needs that caters for every need. Seats are a bit like sitting on an upturned drawing pin but they serve their purpose. The coffee is excellent and freshly made. Service was with a smile all round and an accolade is fully justified.

London, United Kingdom
“Great Breakfast and Lunch food (never tried dinner)”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I've never had their dinner food, but La Gourmandina has been a breakfast and lunch spot for me the last few months. Reasonable prices, excellent croissants, and fantastic lasagna are all great features of this London spot. I hear their healthier food is also excellent, but I admit I haven't tried it.

• Visited February 2014