“incredible fast food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

the best food one can get for the price, anywhere in london. recently moved out of tooting, and this is what I miss most. please open new locations, eg in clapham!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Lovely South Indian / Sri Lankan food.
Mutton roll especially good.
Going back again this week.
Would highly recommend for a quick tasty meal.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Dosa n chutney goes about its business very well; the food is incredible value and tasty at the same time. The khal dosa I had was delicious, very soft and with some great sambals. Tandoori chicken, veggie curry and lentil doughnut were also lovely. A few duds, like the accompanying sauce on the side of the chicken and the cold roti dont take away from a nice, filling eat out. Service is pretty slow but I was in no hurry! At 11 quid or so a head for so much you cant complain

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Wife and I happened to be very near Tooting high street on a Weds night and thought we would see if could pluck up the courage to brave a proper Indian cafe (rather than the identikit restaurants you get everywhere) which I often wanted to try but been a bit unsure of the SP.

Had a quick google on the options and read the tooting curry blog which was quite fun and reviewed Dosa n Chutney. First place we walked by was Dosa N Chutny so it was obviously meant to be!

Just walked in and sat down at an empty table, I figured i would approach the etiquette just like a british greasy spoon cafe, and this seemed to be teh right way to behave. smiling waiter gave us a couple of menus and came back when we looked ready. Menu nothing like your normal indian restaurant was really interesting. Tonight I am being a vegetarian like my wife and it was great to have such a large selection. We had south indian starters idli (like giant dumpling/gnocci) and poori (inflated, oily bread pillow) with sambhar and dips – this was very nice but probably next time will leave the poori as bit too oily for our health conscious ways..

Main course I had Mysore Masala Dosa (like a delicious savoury pancake) and mrs had Mixed Uthappam (basically a healthy indian pizza!) which both came with sambhar and dips.
When ordering we asked the waiter if we needed another curry on top of the above and he said no that will be enough.. he wasn’t wrong!

We really enjoyed the experience, was a good atmosphere in the place, it does look a bit jaded but the comparision you should make is with your local greasy spoon café – how does that look?? Food was good and very cheap.
We will definitely go back. One thing though it was getting pretty busy even on a weds so I imagine there will be a queue at busy times.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I must agree with previous reviewers the mutton chukka is delicious! One of the waiters had reccomended it to us when the fish starter has ran out.

I've lost count of how many times I've been to dosa n chutney. Its very inexpensive, quick and tasty. Perfect if you don't feel like making dinner!

It gets very busy,especially at lunch times and weekends. Staff are always friendly and helpful especially when I come here with friends who have never tried south Indian food before.

Service charge is not added to the bill but we always leave a tip as we always leave happy with our bellies full.