“Simple genuine Korean food”
Review of Bi Won

Bi Won
Ranked #6,087 of 23,854 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just had lunch at Bi Won. Don't expect fancy tablecloths, sophisticated decor or a comprehensive wine list. But you can expect to have authentic Korean food, served by friendly staff, at a very reasonable price. Look out for the "cook it yourself" beef and rice dish, served in a very hot cast iron bowl. Keep stirring until the beef strips are cooked the way you like it - then tuck in. Usually comes with a fish soup and tasty side dishes. Evening menu is more extensive, but I haven't tried it yet. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Had lunch here and although we had intended to eat modestly, the quality of the first dishes which came coupled with the variety of plates available, we ended up eating heartily, yet afterwards none of us complained about overeating as this was truly delicious food capably served by a group of caring waitresses.
We can recommend the noodle dishes (including the cold one with beef, the warm dish with seafood and the glass noodles, but the stars of the lunch were the kimchee and also the squid with belly of pork.
A great address for reliable excellent Korean food at extremely reasonable prices.
Very strongly recommended

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Chanced upon this place when killing time before catching the train home. Really nice informal setting - long narrow room comfy sofa. Menu is very varied and lots of options I had a fiery squid dish which was excellent and very tender/fresh the dish came with an unexpected bowl of miso soup that was lovely. My OH had Kimchee stew which came with rice. Kimchee is like a pickled flavoured cabbage and this was in a broth with tender pork and vegetables, my OH really enjoyed this and from the small sample I managed to sneak I also thought it was very yum. Can recommend this as an interesting, cosy and delicious eatery and also the staff were really lovely.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

As far as I know this Korean restaurant has been in London forever. Dishes and sets are very reasonably priced. The quality of the food has been consistent, though the variety of the side dishes seems to have become more restricted over the years

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Have visited this restaurant on many occasions and never been disappointed, the last time being this week. It seems to have completely different staff. We started with a delicious jap chae to share and then my wife had kalbi tang (not sure of spellings) which was beef ribs in a stock served with rice and a chilli sauce to stir in. I had raw salmon and squid in a bowl with rice, seaweed and raw garlic. This again was served with a chilli sauce to mix in. We really enjoyed the food and accompanied it with cucumber and cabbage Kim chee. The Korean BBQ is also available and we have tried this. The Dolsot bibimbap and the chilli soup are also dishes I favour when visiting.