“Let down by poor service - average food”
Review of Carlo's Kitchen

Carlo's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlo's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,739 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
here
“Let down by poor service - average food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were doing a course nearby and someone recommended this place, 4 of us sat down. My gf ordered a steak baguette without mustard or onions..they took the rest of the order and then the waitress who spoke poor english came back and said so..no mustard...? we said yes..she then came back saying and no onions?? we said yes she then came back and said what do you want on it..steak and mayo of course whats on the menu..she said ok. We then waited an hour for our food which by then we were late for our course..then they brought my gf an egg baguette? she ordered steak? so we waited longer to get the steak baguette, with mustard and onions..the story didnt end there but you get the idea. The waiter owner whoever he was was completely rude talked over us and didnt want to listen to anything, maybe we caught them on a bad day but customer service was certainly not the order of the day here.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jason4656

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely food lovely people”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in the Travelodge Southwark which is next door to this restaurant last weekend and ate here Friday night and Sunday lunch. Friday night was out of sheer exhaustion after pounding the streets of London sightseeing all day. We were too tired to venture far and decided to try Carlo's kitchen as it was so handy. I had the home-made beefburger - the nicest I have ever had and my partner had the calves liver which looked beautiful and he said it was cooked perfectly. We shared a bottle of house red which I think was £15 and was fine. We returned on the Sunday lunch after collecting our luggage and before our train home and shared a pizza and salad. Again lovely tasty food and really reasonable. Staff are so friendly. I can really recommend this restaurant for well cooked tasty and reasonably priced food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank melb01
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Honest food and value for money”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Went early on a Friday night with my dad. He had a good looking pizza which he assured me was good. Nice, thin base with good quality toppings and cooked perfectly. I thought it certainly looked decent. I had the lasagne with an additional bread basket. I was impressed. The bechemel was just the right consistency. A good balance of ragu and pasta layers. Yeah, I was happy. The bread was stunning! Simple pleasures. One soft drink each and the bill was a reasonable £23. Service by the way was efficient. The decor of the restaurant is ok but lacks originality/charicter. A good little Italian in the heart of southwark.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank bekoubetts
Pwllheli
“Good Italian”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Travelodge in Southwark, which is directly next door. Went to Carlo's on our last night in London with our very tired 4 year old. It was early Friday evening but the place was empty, apparently Gordon Ramsey's new restraint nearby is hoovering up local business which is a shame. The service was pleasant but unobtrusive, the food was very good and we all enjoyed it thoroughly. Would visit again. Ideal for for people staying at the Travelodge after an exhausting day traipsing around London

Visited February 2014
1 Thank OrflaithNiEarlaithe
bridgend
“Light breakfast.”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My wife and I had a light breakfast, poached egg on toast on our recent stay at the next door Travelodge, very nice coffee and good service, spotlessly clean.

Visited January 2014