“Could try harder”

The Brown Cow Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brown Cow Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,174 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Horley, United Kingdom
“Could try harder”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We were entertaining Polish visitors on their first visit to London, and thought they would enjoy a gastropub experience. We were aware that the Brown Cow had recently opened, and calculated that the pub would be working flat out to make a good impression. Well, we were wrong. The waiting staff have the informal attitude so loved of London, but that was the high point. Children were welcome, except there were no high chairs for their use. The staff forgot drinks twice while serving, and the food when it came, had different portion sizes. Oh, and they couldn't count, so had to be asked to provide more cutlery.

• Visited October 2012

“Ok, but just ok”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We had a look at the menu online and expected a really nice gastro pub (with at least one vegetarian option)
We got there and no vegetarian option was avalaible. I had to make up my own dish from various side dishes.
My friend whom were eating meat had a nice main, but nothing too fancy.
I ended paying £16 for a simple salad (4 side dishes).
The waitress was very helpfully, but at the end of the night I felt that the place was overpriced, and my carnivor friends agreed. We will not come back as London offers so many good values restaurants with similar or better menu (and veggies friendly)

Poole, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome on a cold day”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

The temperature is zero and we need a late lunch in Fulham. Where are we attracted to as we walk past? The Brown Cow Puplic House. The organisation has provenance as it is twinned with the nearby Sands End. Our lunch was washed down with the very palatable Rubicone Mangioivese. I had the real ale battered haddock, mushy peas, triple cooked chips and tartar sauce which was excellent and arrived before I had time to catch my breath. Others had rough chicken pate which was very palatable. The experience was good and the staff attentive.

• Visited December 2012