“AWESOME !!!!!!!”

Meantime Brewery Tours
Ranked #8 of 208 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a tour of the largest craft brewery in London. Hear the history of craft brewing, experience the sights and sounds of a real working craft brewery and taste a range of the many different beers Meantime produces. (54 different styles in 2013 alone!) One part stand up comedy, one part history lesson, one part science lesson & one part going down the pub!
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was already a fan of the Greenwich meantime Pale Ale, now I am a bigger fan of the Brand and its ethos. The boys at Greenwich Meantime have surpassed themselves, passionate about the beer and it’s definitely not a nerdy or normal tour (for the better). The missus (a non drinker I might add) and I signed up for the tour and pie and mash. I didn’t know what to expect, Al the ‘tour guide’ who could be described, as Wolverines larger and funnier brother was brilliant with his unique way of delivering information about their beers (the missus was in stitches and her sides were hurting from laughing so much). You try about five or six beers, then a quick walk though the brewery followed by a pint of your choice (or more if you choose), food and also the world cup on a large screen.

I would highly recommend this visit and would go again in a heartbeat, great value for money the boys are the heart and soul of Meantime.

P.S I now like about three other beers so will be purchasing more when my three crates run dry…..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"informative tour"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was my second visit to Meantime and it was just as great as I remembered. Not only is the beer some of the best craft brew around, the people that run the tour are passionate about what they do and want their guests to have fun. Alex's (Big Al) introduction to the tour is certainly what most people remember the most. He's an absolute riot! He had our entire tour group laughing for over an hour straight. During this first hour, Alex gave the group plenty of background about the brewery's history (with many hilarious digressions and anecdotes) while providing us with 5 different 1/3 pint beer samples. The second hour of the tour consisted of Adam, a great tour guide that is slightly more informative than Alex, taking us around the brewery to explain Meantime's brewing process. His passion and enthusiasm were evident.

This is the only brewery tour I have ever been on, so I'm not sure if this is a typical/atypical experience. However, it was a great day, and if nothing else, it is a great excuse to visit Greenwich.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place was AWESOME! It was the first brewery tour I went on so I didn't know what to expect, but not only did I come out with a lot of knowledge on the process of brewing beer, but I walked out with a big smile on my face because it felt like I went to a comedy show as well. Al was too funny and kept me laughing the entire time while filling me with knowledge at the same time. I came out with more of an appreciation of beer, especially the beer that Meantime brews. The effort they put in really shows in their high quality beer. Thanks to all the guys at Meantime for a great day. HIGHLY recommended!

1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I discovered London Lager in Sainsbury's a couple of years ago now and struggled to find any pubs that sold it. After visiting their website I booked a brewery tour with four of my pals and set of to Greenwich. First stop, a pint in the old brewery. Awesome beer, great surroundings and pleasant staff but the service could have been quicker. We then visited the new brewery in Blackwall lane. Alex led our tour and was an utter riot from beginning to end. A mixture of standup comedy, beer tasting and a little education. I'd recommend this to anyone and at £15 it was an utter bargain. We shall return.

2  Thank Thefatblackrat
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 June 2014

And when say wasted I don't just mean that he is drunk!! He is an unbelievable asset to Meantime and almost certainly deserves a massive pay rise. He is comedy gold and makes the whole trip wholly worthwhile.
I visited yesterday with a stag do and we had such a laugh. He interacted with everyone (my brother especially!!!) but made sure that everyone had a great time. He is the least inhibited person I have ever seen in my life - he makes the like of Graham Norton or Alan Carr look like shrinking violets.
I cannot leave a review without also mentioning Adam. He is an excellent guide but Al is a tough act to follow and Adam, to his credit, recognises that. He works his own angle for all that it is worth and he does an excellent job.
All in all, an excellent couple of hours. If you have any interest in breweries generally, then you will have a good time anyway, but Alex and Adam will ensure that you have a brilliant time anyway.

3  Thank Gary B