“Meantime Brewery Tour”

Meantime Brewery Tours
Ranked #4 of 182 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a tour of the largest craft brewery in London. Hear the history of craft brewing, experience the sights and sounds of a real working craft brewery and taste a range of the many different beers Meantime produces. (54 different styles in 2013 alone!) One part stand up comedy, one part history lesson, one part science lesson & one part going down the pub!
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Meantime Brewery Tour”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Nothing mean about it, pretty bloody generous as far as beer tastings go. Excellent night and have been back since. Highly recommended.

I won't say much more than this, as you've probably read the reviews, but your host Adam (who does the science bit) and big Al who drinks beer and enthuses about all things brewing are absolute legends. Do yourselves a favour, book up with your mates and enjoy it, you'll never do a brewery tour like it. It's as if they ripped up the manual on how these events are run, all for the better.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fabulous afternoon, well worth the visit.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Went on the tour as a Fathers Day treat with all the family. Not sure what to expect, but what we got definitely was not what we could ever had anticipated. Big Al shared his anecdotes, shared the love, shared the bear and more importantly shared his love of the product. He was sooooo funny and entertaining. After he finished letting us taste the beer we did get a walk around the brewery. This was a little bit flat as there really isn't much going on and being a Sunday the bottling/packaging area was dormant too. However the information given was great. Best £18 we've spent in a long while.

London, United Kingdom
“AWESOME !!!!!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was already a fan of the Greenwich meantime Pale Ale, now I am a bigger fan of the Brand and its ethos. The boys at Greenwich Meantime have surpassed themselves, passionate about the beer and it’s definitely not a nerdy or normal tour (for the better). The missus (a non drinker I might add) and I signed up for the tour and pie and mash. I didn’t know what to expect, Al the ‘tour guide’ who could be described, as Wolverines larger and funnier brother was brilliant with his unique way of delivering information about their beers (the missus was in stitches and her sides were hurting from laughing so much). You try about five or six beers, then a quick walk though the brewery followed by a pint of your choice (or more if you choose), food and also the world cup on a large screen.

I would highly recommend this visit and would go again in a heartbeat, great value for money the boys are the heart and soul of Meantime.

P.S I now like about three other beers so will be purchasing more when my three crates run dry…..

Charlestown, Rhode Island
“Great beer, lots of laughs, and an appreciation for the brewing process guaranteed”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was my second visit to Meantime and it was just as great as I remembered. Not only is the beer some of the best craft brew around, the people that run the tour are passionate about what they do and want their guests to have fun. Alex's (Big Al) introduction to the tour is certainly what most people remember the most. He's an absolute riot! He had our entire tour group laughing for over an hour straight. During this first hour, Alex gave the group plenty of background about the brewery's history (with many hilarious digressions and anecdotes) while providing us with 5 different 1/3 pint beer samples. The second hour of the tour consisted of Adam, a great tour guide that is slightly more informative than Alex, taking us around the brewery to explain Meantime's brewing process. His passion and enthusiasm were evident.

This is the only brewery tour I have ever been on, so I'm not sure if this is a typical/atypical experience. However, it was a great day, and if nothing else, it is a great excuse to visit Greenwich.

Charlestown, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recomended”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place was AWESOME! It was the first brewery tour I went on so I didn't know what to expect, but not only did I come out with a lot of knowledge on the process of brewing beer, but I walked out with a big smile on my face because it felt like I went to a comedy show as well. Al was too funny and kept me laughing the entire time while filling me with knowledge at the same time. I came out with more of an appreciation of beer, especially the beer that Meantime brews. The effort they put in really shows in their high quality beer. Thanks to all the guys at Meantime for a great day. HIGHLY recommended!

1 Thank Matt M