“fantastic way to travel!”

DGA Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #186 of 679 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Driver Guide Tours specialise in tailor-made, fun and informative tours by private car across London, the English regions and Scotland. All of our tours are crafted and led by qualified and registered Blue Badge Driver Guides, the UKs elite guiding qualification. Tour options include: London (half or full days); Stonehenge & Southern England; Shakespeare Country & the Cotswolds; Lake District and Cumbria; Cambridge and the East of England and Edinburgh and the East Coast. Our friendly, knowledgeable and professional Blue Badge driver guides are officially endorsed by the Institute of Tour Guiding to guide in the some of the UK’s most iconic tourist attractions such as Westminster Abbey, The Tower of London, Windsor Castle, St Paul’s and Canterbury Cathedral.
Marysville, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“fantastic way to travel!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I booked a tour for me and my three teen age sons from Birmingham to London via Bath and Stonehenge. It was a wonderful easy day. Our driver, David, was perfect! he drove safely, was the right amount of informative, filling us in on not only the history but also on English culture, and all around wonderfully pleasant to spend a day with. I just had to see Stonhenge, and Bath was charming- great to see more intact ruins after Rome and Pompeii. I look forward to visiting the UK again, and will book with DGA- perhaps to see the Cotwolds!

Visited August 2013

Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth the money”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I found DGA Tours through an online search. I booked them solely on the 4 reviews I read. And I'm so glad I did. Yes it costs more to have a private guide/driver, but you get so much more. We had Russell for 3 days, 3 very full, fact filled, fun days. The rest of the week we did self guided tours using buses, tubes and much walking. Not nearly as much fun and much more tiring. And I'm sure we missed much.
Russell took us to Stonehenge, Bath, Windsor Castle, Oxford, Stratford Upon Avon, the Cotswolds and Hampden castle I think it was called. That man must have been a history professor in another life! He know so much, and not just dry facts, but fun filled stuff that if my history teachers knew it and taught it, I would have liked the classes better when I was in high school. It took me 'til college to find out all the good stuff. And Russell is a character! He is a fun man in his own right so how could the 3 days with him have been anything but delightful.
When you use DGA Tours and you have the Blue Badge guide, many of the places you visit will allow you to by pass the lines. What a plus that is! Do a self guided tour, stand in those long long lines, and you will appreciate that little perk.
My husband and I have already decided that when we go back to London we will again use DGA Tours and will ask for Russell. I wish we could have taken him to Switzerland with us when we left London.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dustysmom1
Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“English countryside - amazing experience!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Clients of ours, first-time visitors of England, recently spent 4 days in English countryside with their driver-guide Angela. They returned delighted of their trip. Here is what they wrote upon their return: I can only say a huge Thank you! It is a rare chance for first-time visitors to really enjoy their stay in a new country, to immerse in the atmosphere and feel all of its nuances. Thank you from all my heart, dear Angela, for showing us real England, outside of the large cities! Thank you for letting us enjoy such beautiful and scenic places, to which we only dream of returning every day!
As per me, I will definitely recommend DGA Tours. Besides and expert in tailor-made tours, they are a wonderful partner that our company was happy to find!

Visited July 2013
Apple Valley, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful London with Derek Tarr of DGA tours”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Wonderful experiences for our short 3 days in London. Derek Tarr was a wonderful guide providing us with very enjoyable experiences. Derek knew exactly where to be at what time to get the best views of the Guard changing. He took us to a few offbeat unexpected places and wonderful little cafes. Very informative and knowledgeable from the British Museum to the stories of Nelson. St. James' was an unexpected treasure. Yes I walked the 500 steps to the top....if you can, it's worth the moment and the view. Then on Day 3, Derek transported us from our Hotel to the Southampton cruise port, via Stonehenge. Derek had some unexpected facts and some folklore to go along with it, making Stonehenge a nice stop. Everything from our airport pick up to delivery at the Cruise port was handled with ease and completely stress free. What a wonderful time. Can't wait to do it again!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank terikirk
Woodbridge, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“This is the only way to tour the city and surrounding countryside”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I only had two days warning that i was headed to London, but gave DGA a try to see if i could set up something special for my wife on this business trip. Keven reponded instantly that he could, and set us up with a Blue Badge guide named Peter West. We wanted a tour to see Stone Henge, Salisbury, and Bath, and we only had one day. Peter picked us us prompty at 0900 at our hotel, and what followed was a superb tour of all these areas, and some places we would never have found on our own. We also avoided all those long lines of bus tours and non-guided tourists, so out time on these attractions was optomized nicely. I know these personal tours are a bit more expensive then the bus tours, but they are well worth the cost. DGA gave us a day in England we will never forget. Thank you Kevin and Peter.

Visited June 2013