“Comfortable, convenient home from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pooters Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #78 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Alison's lovely home was a perfect base for an overnight business trip and quick catch-up with my son and daughter. As a woman staying overnight on my own and needing a location near Waterloo, Pooters was ideal and much better option than the anonymity of a dreary chain hotel. Comfortable bed, free wi-fi, proper coffee and home cooked breakfast shared at a communal table with a charming Australian couple. Alison has a gentle greyhound Maddie - the quietest dog I've ever come across! I would use again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Carol A
Alison P, Owner at Pooters Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

I am always delighted to meet another business woman and enjoy their energy and drive. I am glad to be able to offer a safe and friendly environment for people who travel alone, where they can relax completely. Having WiFi and plenty of electrical sockets for phones and computers helps them work when they need to.

There are newer reviews for Pooters Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Delighted to find this in a lovely location within walking distance of the South Bank which was great fun at night. Lovely breakfast and Alison was very friendly and accommodating. Would certainly use again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Alison P, Owner at Pooters Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

I am so glad that more people are finding out how easy it is to walk to many places of interest from my house. The area is a bit unknown as yet - but is climbing up the 'new gems' list as I write!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We enjoyed a lot staying with Alison. Lovely house, lovely breakfast and felt like if we were at home. Thank you Alison for all. We would certainly repeat the experience with no doubt and highly recommend the B&B.
Xavier/Maribel and the kids¡¡¡

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Xavier C
Alison P, Owner at Pooters Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

It is great to read a happy review like this, especially after having such lovely people to stay that it makes my job a pleasure!
Spanish people seem so willing to enjoy life - they bring their warmth with them and share their fun, so we all feel happy as a result.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at this B&B. The owner was very accommodating and helped us with many aspects of our trip. Great location, nice home and central to a nice park and a corner pub/restaurant. I would recommend to anyone!
Amanda Andres

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Alison P, Owner at Pooters Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for your recommendation - it is appreciated. It was a pleasure having you and your family to stay. I think the house also felt very happy with children here.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have stayed at Wincott Street, Kennington many times and used to stay with Alison when I was working in London on a 4 month contract 3 years ago. She is a very friendly and professional host and nothing is too much trouble - I felt very much at home here and was very well looked after. I found it much nicer than staying in an hotel if you need a London base for a while. I have since stayed the odd night/s when working in London or visiting with my husband and we had a lovely time.

I would also highly recommend Alison's cooking if she is able to accomodate you in the evening - especially fish recipes!!

Room Tip: i enjoy the ground floor garden room as the view of the little courtyard garden is very pleasant, bu...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Several of my guests stay here whilst in London on business. I am so pleased to think that the atmosphere is conducive to a business trip and accessible enough for most of the key business destinations in central London. I try to offer a quiet retreat with space to work and WiFi and other essential facilities for business people.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have no hesitation in recommending this delightful bed and breakfast accomodation, situated within easy access to the centre of london, westminster, the southbank etc....by foot or public transport. Local pubs, coffee shops and restaurants are excellent.
Most welcoming landlady and delicious breakfast in very relaxing and tasteful surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alison c

My B&B is still a surprise to people when they discover just how convenient it is for many of the top "must see" attractions in London. Of course we can hear Big Ben strike the hours so we must be really close to Westminster - in fact we are just over the river! The South Bank with the London Eye and all the riverside attractions is only a few minutes walk away. Not much need for hot and stuffy tube trains - you can walk or take a short bus ride from the corner of my street.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I've spend a lovely week end in this house. The welcome by the landlady was very warm and I have to give a special prize to the full english breakfast I had along the week end.
The room was cosy and very clear and had a well furnished bookshelf. I recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alidor T

I think that when you are staying somewhere for bed and breakfast, the breakfast is a very important aspect of the deal. I love breakfast - it's my favourite meal, so I try hard to ensure it is delicious and just right for my guests. The croissants and other pastries are freshly baked by me, and the full English always include great sausages with a high meat content. Special dietary requirements can be managed if I am given notice, when I make sure that the breakfast suits the individual needs of the customer.