“Gluten Free Cooking and Baking - just a fantastic course”

Cookery School at Little Portland Street
Ranked #18 of 206 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Owner description: At Cookery School we focus on demystifying cooking, removing jargon and bringing back good home cooking skills at our school in Central London. At Cookery School the atmosphere is fun and informal. We provide the skills necessary to become a confident and independent cook and all our classes have a very high proportion of hands on practice. We use only high quality, sustainable and primarily organic ingredients and are proud to be the only London cookery school awarded the maximum 3 Stars for sustainability from the SRA. With day and evening classes and courses, corporate events and private kitchen hire, there is something for everyone. Winner of "The Best City Cookery School 2013" and runners -up for "Most Sustainable Cookery School 2014" in the UK Cookery School Awards.
Reviewed 16 November 2015

I recently attended the gluten free cooking and baking course at The Cookery School at Little Portland Street. The day was well taught, organised, accessible and not too foodie or aimed at the overly health conscious. The teachers were knowledgable and friendly and the food was delicious. I now have a range of recipes that allow me to meet my own health needs, entertain friends and cook for a young family without cooking different food for each of us. I would highly recommend the course to those wishing to increase their knowledge or just e pedis cd a thoroughly enjoyable day out.

Cookery_School_, Public Relations Manager at Cookery School at Little Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Dear jane452015,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are so pleased that you learnt a lot and felt it was accessible - that is always our aim.

We hope to see you again.
Many thanks, the team at Cookery School

in 5 reviews
"oxford circus"
"macaroons"

Reviewed 16 November 2015

This one-day course delivers all it promises and more. Although I have been cooking curries for more than 40 years this was a real learning experience and at the same time enjoyable. The facilities and staff showed an extremely professional approach in al aspects. Mumud Shah gave the course in an enthusiastic and knowledgeable way which really inspired the group to perform well together. This may seem expensive at first look but it is well worth the price. I attended with my daughter and we both found the experience very worthwhile. Highly recommended.

Dear BrantPG, Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. Kumud's food is always delicious and we are delighted to hear that you learnt a lot. We hope to see you back again soon! Many thanks, the team at Cookery School

Reviewed 3 November 2015

We did our team retreat for my company at The cookery School and we had a lovely experience. The staff are good fun, the place is very cosy and the food is absolutely delicious! I would highly recommend this for a team activity.

Cookery_School_, Public Relations Manager at Cookery School at Little Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear Patricia J, Thank you for your lovely comments on your corporate event. We hope to see you back here again, either for another event or for a class! Many thanks, the team at Cookery School

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I have just completed the 6 week cook's course with The Cookery School, and it was superb!

The class is limited to 12 students, with great space for prep etc. Each day you are faced with a unique set of recipes, each revolving around a theme. The classes follow a similar flow day-to-day, with an expert teacher taking you through each session, with other members of the Cookery School team always on hand for advice etc. I felt very secure and in good hands, where the tuition we were receiving was excellent. If there was ever a question, the teacher was always more than happy to fully explain the problem, addressing the entire class, so you really do learn as a group. There is a huge emphasis on sustainability and the importance of sourcing good ingredients, as well as cooking safety and hygiene.

I can't quite begin to explain the vast array of dishes that are prepared, spanning all genres of cooking and from all around the globe! Cakes, roasts, fish, breads, biscuits, chocolate, sweet and savoury sauces, Thai, Mexican, Indian, custards, many different types of pastry - to name a few! My personal favourite being the Middle Eastern themed class.

You are continually assessed as the course proceeds. As an extra, you are set time challenges through the course to get you to a standard that is expected in professional kitchens.

I went from a very inexperienced cook to confidently taking on complex 3 course meals, as well as advanced skills that I could never of dreamed of doing! I learnt a tonne and met some truly awesome people on the course. Huge thanks to Ros, Khalid, Lucy & John for the excellent tuition, as well as all the awesome rest of the team at The Cookery School for everything!!!

1  Thank Raaders10
Cookery_School_, Owner at Cookery School at Little Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Raad, Thank you for your lovely review.

I am sure that your housemates are loving you more than ever. I am thrilled to see how much you are doing as that is the very best way of consolidating what you have learnt. You will soon build up a repertoire of dishes that you will do with ease.

Keep us posted on how your kitchen work experience goes. We also look forward to hearing of your further cooking exploits – you have the makings of a really excellent cook as the passion is there. Just remember to always keep it simple and good.

Best wishes
Rosalind

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 October 2015

We organised a corporate evening to celebrate two important birthdays and a retirement. The whole evening was great fun. The cooks amongst us learned some tricks of the trade, and the non-cooks were energised by the joys of making fresh pasta. The whole evening was seamlessly put together allowing enough time for cooking, eating and catching trains home. The wine served was also excellent! Thank you to all involved.

Cookery_School_, Public Relations Manager at Cookery School at Little Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Thank you so much for the rave review! We always aim to teach new tricks to both novice and more more experienced cooks so very pleased we achieved that with your group. We hope to have you back again soon. Best wishes, the Cookery School team