Open today: 09:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
This is like a breath of fresh air ...

I was excited that the chefs motivated us all to get involved. This was all about healthy food but... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Tom H
A completely delicious experience.

My daughters gave me a three-hour Mexican cookery lesson as a birthday present this year. I didn't... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Paul R
London, England, United Kingdom

All reviews knife skills cooking class great teacher learn how absolute beginners team building event chef stefan master class fellow students cooking course learnt loads learned how bread making learning experience three hours oxford circus macaroons
Reviewed 27 November 2015

Yesterday evening I attended a sauce making course. The evening started with a glass of wine and some nibbles. It was a very international mix of students. It lasted about three hours and we helped to make several sweet and savoury sauces and later on ate a meal incorporating our efforts. The venue is very central and near to all forms of transport. The kitchen is shiny bright clean and the teacher was exceptional. She explained some very basic actions which even at my advance age I found very helpful.If you want a fun evening where you also learn new things then give it a go.

Cookery_School_, Public Relations Manager at Cookery School at Little Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Hi Sallyannemac,
Thanks for the great feedback which we will be sure to pass along to the teacher. So pleased you learnt some new tricks despite being a competent cook already.
Many thanks, the team at Cookery School

Reviewed 16 November 2015

I recently attended the gluten free cooking and baking course at The Cookery School at Little Portland Street. The day was well taught, organised, accessible and not too foodie or aimed at the overly health conscious. The teachers were knowledgable and friendly and the food was delicious. I now have a range of recipes that allow me to meet my own health needs, entertain friends and cook for a young family without cooking different food for each of us. I would highly recommend the course to those wishing to increase their knowledge or just e pedis cd a thoroughly enjoyable day out.

Cookery_School_, Public Relations Manager at Cookery School at Little Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Dear jane452015,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are so pleased that you learnt a lot and felt it was accessible - that is always our aim.

We hope to see you again.
Many thanks, the team at Cookery School

Reviewed 16 November 2015

This one-day course delivers all it promises and more. Although I have been cooking curries for more than 40 years this was a real learning experience and at the same time enjoyable. The facilities and staff showed an extremely professional approach in al aspects. Mumud Shah gave the course in an enthusiastic and knowledgeable way which really inspired the group to perform well together. This may seem expensive at first look but it is well worth the price. I attended with my daughter and we both found the experience very worthwhile. Highly recommended.

Dear BrantPG, Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. Kumud's food is always delicious and we are delighted to hear that you learnt a lot. We hope to see you back again soon! Many thanks, the team at Cookery School

Reviewed 3 November 2015

We did our team retreat for my company at The cookery School and we had a lovely experience. The staff are good fun, the place is very cosy and the food is absolutely delicious! I would highly recommend this for a team activity.

Cookery_School_, Public Relations Manager at Cookery School at Little Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear Patricia J, Thank you for your lovely comments on your corporate event. We hope to see you back here again, either for another event or for a class! Many thanks, the team at Cookery School

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I have just completed the 6 week cook's course with The Cookery School, and it was superb!

The class is limited to 12 students, with great space for prep etc. Each day you are faced with a unique set of recipes, each revolving around a theme. The classes follow a similar flow day-to-day, with an expert teacher taking you through each session, with other members of the Cookery School team always on hand for advice etc. I felt very secure and in good hands, where the tuition we were receiving was excellent. If there was ever a question, the teacher was always more than happy to fully explain the problem, addressing the entire class, so you really do learn as a group. There is a huge emphasis on sustainability and the importance of sourcing good ingredients, as well as cooking safety and hygiene.

I can't quite begin to explain the vast array of dishes that are prepared, spanning all genres of cooking and from all around the globe! Cakes, roasts, fish, breads, biscuits, chocolate, sweet and savoury sauces, Thai, Mexican, Indian, custards, many different types of pastry - to name a few! My personal favourite being the Middle Eastern themed class.

You are continually assessed as the course proceeds. As an extra, you are set time challenges through the course to get you to a standard that is expected in professional kitchens.

I went from a very inexperienced cook to confidently taking on complex 3 course meals, as well as advanced skills that I could never of dreamed of doing! I learnt a tonne and met some truly awesome people on the course. Huge thanks to Ros, Khalid, Lucy & John for the excellent tuition, as well as all the awesome rest of the team at The Cookery School for everything!!!

1  Thank Raaders10
Cookery_School_, Owner at Cookery School at Little Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Raad, Thank you for your lovely review.

I am sure that your housemates are loving you more than ever. I am thrilled to see how much you are doing as that is the very best way of consolidating what you have learnt. You will soon build up a repertoire of dishes that you will do with ease.

Keep us posted on how your kitchen work experience goes. We also look forward to hearing of your further cooking exploits – you have the makings of a really excellent cook as the passion is there. Just remember to always keep it simple and good.

Best wishes