“Not impressed”

Burger and Lobster - Farringdon
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My colleagues and I went there twice for lunch as we happen to work near by. The overall experience was both times average. The first time we went in we all (4 of us) had the lobster. Our lobsters were pre-cooked and reheated slightly which made the lobster meat really chewy and with not enough warmth to keep the butter sauce melted the whole dish became greasy in no time.. Taste wise it was blunt and more on the tasteless side.. I have eaten a fair bit of lobster in my lifetime and this one was the worst lobster I have experienced. The second time I gave a go at the burger which was not bad but not great either. The prices are good for London but I wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The concept of the restaurant is great, burger or lobster. What more could you want. The pricing structure is also very simple but makes little sense if you want burger as there are plenty of better cheaper restaurants for burger.

My fiancé and I had lobster, mine was whole hers was some strange bread concoction but both were delicious. The food and the service were great and we got a table on a Friday evening straight off the street which was great. A lovely place to dine if you want some quick tasty lobster.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We popped into Burger Lobster having heard all about from friends. Given that we pitched up at 2045 on a Sat night they couldn't have been more accommodating and had us sat within 10mins - given the stories of large queues and long waits for tables this was a relief.

We opted for a burger and a lobster roll to share. The burger was good but the lobster roll was out of this world. The sweet lobster meat in the buttery brioche type bread and the sauce were just made to be together. Our waiter was very friendly but seemed to be a bit of a novice so his section management was a little hit and miss and we did wait some time to be cleared but I could see he was trying his best so we didn't mind too much.

Overall it's definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

the staff was very welcoming and friendly, loved the simple rustic feel to the place, food was amazing good choice if ever passing again would pop in for round 2 :)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Went up for lunch with a friend circa 12.30. We got a seat straight away and were really welcomed by staff. Lovely lobster, grilled and more than the food the service came with genuine smiles which makes such a difference to any dining experience. The only slight issue was the dessert was tasty but way too small! Will definitely be back to this branch!