The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London
US$259
US$225
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrolls roycebutler servicecomplimentary rollshyde parkoval restaurantcigar terracebeautiful boutique hotelafternoon teamarble bathroomunderfloor heatingconcierge teaman upgradefour seasonsfantastic stayspecial thanksbeautiful roomupon check
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

As I pulled up in my Rolls Royce from the Wellesley to dinner in Mayfair I was feverishly planning how to pull together enough money to stay at this incredible hotel again. Best hotel beds, stunning service, butler and concierge managed restaurant , hair and beauty bookings with ease. The location unbeatable. I cancelled appointments one morning just so I could hang out in my incredible Art Deco room. I arrived very early in morning and they helpfully accommodated me. Am now busy working do I can go back next year!! Totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank fionayoga
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

I am really happy that you appreciated our hospitality. Your feed back has been shared with all staff members as these are the type of comments that make our job worthwhile.
We are glad that you feel like recommending our hotel and this is the best compliment we might receive. Once again thank you and we really look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

While the Wellesley is an extraordinary renovation, with beautiful rooms, it suffered when I was there from the smell of cigar smoke throughout the hotel (including our room on the 5th floor). I was planning to stay 6 nights but checked out after one night because a strong cigar smell permeated the whole property, and had not diminished the following morning.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and appeared genuinely surprised that I didn't like the smoking smell - which suggested to me that it is normal in the hotel.

If you're not sensitive to smoking, or indeed wish to smoke, this hotel is beautifully fitted out (my suite was tiny, not really a suite at all, but absolutely superb in quality) and might be perfect for you. If you're like me - I can't tolerate smoking - then I suggest you make enquiries as to how the hotel is dealing with this problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Matsarol

I would like to thank you for your comment and for your valuable feedback.
We are very proud to offer a unique selection of Cuban cigars, that our clients and guests can enjoy in our exclusive heated Terraces. We have a very efficient extraction system in a way that there is usually no inconvenience to our valued guests, however, it did fail on this particular occasion as we experienced some technical issues on those specific dates, which have now been rectified.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience cause and I hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from booking or recommending us in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Wellesley skilfully mixes boutique charm with luxury amenities and service. A terrific option for a city weekend break. The Art-deco style and jazz vibe create terrific atmosphere. The indoor/outdoor terrace bar has a terrific selection of cigars and the quality of food throughout the hotel is exceptional.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for the positive comment about your stay with us. I am really glad that you appreciated the decor of our hotel and your mention about the excellence of the service provided by our staff makes us very proud and your feed back will be shared with everybody.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at the Wellesley for one night after we extended our London stay. Transferring from our other hotel (a 5 star not to far away), we appreciated the gorgeous entryway. The hotel finishes are fantastic throughout. It is definitely a smaller boutique experience- the bar, restaurant, jazz lounge, etc are all small rooms off the main corridor. I still haven't figured out why (maybe our 1 night stay?) but we were upgraded to suites for our stay. The suites were UNBELIEVABLE. The tastefully decorated sitting area, the bedroom with its enormous bed and sumptuous bedding, and the amazing marble bathroom with heated floors and soaking tub all made for a fantastic stay. I will say that while the service was definitely excellent, it didn't seem to flow quite as smoothly as in some other London hotels I've stayed in. There was no one at the door to greet us on arrival or grab our luggage until we were halfway in. The butler was late delivering my shoes (which were shined, complimentary, so this is again a very small quibble) on the morning when we were checking out. It just seemed to not be quite as organized as our other hotel. The Rolls Royce is a great idea and with the view from our room over Hyde Park and the street we could see all of the tourists stopping to take pictures of it. We tried to arrange a ride during our stay and the car was out front but apparently the driver was out on another job. I'm sure had we had a longer stay it would have not been an issue though. Overall, an excellent stay and I would definitely recommend it to others who are looking for absolute luxury and a boutique hotel experience (no spa and small restaurants might be the only downsides). In addition, the location, just down the street from Harrods, overlooking Hyde Park is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex D
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you very much for your comment. I am happy to read that overall you had a pleasant stay with us. Please accept my apologies as you did not find the service as smooth as expected, however, it is only through constrictive feedback that we can improve in the service we deliver. Once again thank you and we are happy to know that you would recommend us.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a lengthy review but for good reason. I travel regularly and am accustomed to both mediocrity, and also very good hotels and service. I am accustomed to service such as VIP class in Las Vegas at notable large hotels such as the Wynn, Encore, Bellagio and many small boutique hotels including the many Relais & Châteaux rated properties. I have written a few reviews on various hotels on trip advisor in the past, some good and some bad. The Wellesley is a challenge for me because the scale of service, quality and care of its staff is so off the cart it is hard to rate within the boundaries allowed by trip advisor.

I feel compelled to share just a few of out many experiences we had with those of you interested. I was travelling for pleasure with my wife and two young children. We arrived in London on a late Saturday evening after a long days travel from Canada and where taken to the hotel we had booked in Knightsbridge (not the Wellesley). For one reason or another the hotel had a problem and left us out in the cold without a place to stay and could not help us. We walked exhausted cases in hand to the nearest hotel we could find,the Bulgari Hotel, just trying to find a place to put down for the night and figure out the rest of our stay. The Bulgari Hotel unfortunately did to have rooms available but recommended the Wellesley. Thank you to our friends at the Bulgari Hotel for such a wonderful recommendation and taking the time to assist us!

Our first contact with the Wellesley was with the young lady on duty that evening via the phone "Magdalena" who told s she could accommodate us but wanted to make sure the room would fit our needs and that we should come and have a look prior to committing, she sent a car for us immediately. Edwin the driver on staff that evening came to pick us up in the beautiful black Rolls Royce Ghost. Edwin is a very special and kind fellow who we got to know and befriend over the remainder of our stay. Upon arrival Magdalena greeted us along with other staff who took us to our room to view. The hotel is a small boutique style hotel exuding the class and opulence of days past. Our small suite was just lovely, clean, beautiful and fit for royalty or at least notable celebrity. The time was just after 11pm and we were hungry following our long day traveling and asked if he restaurant was open, Magdalena let us know the kitchen was to close at 11pm but made a quick call and had the staff and chef stay on to look after our needs. The butler service came in full force to make up out room we had time to freshen up and have a lovely meal before retiring. In the moring the front desk staff was fully aware of our situation and juggled things around to make sure we had the option to stay for the remainder of our 8 nights stay.

This was just the entry to what has become the most special experience we have had in any hotel ever and anywhere in the world. The staff at the Wellesley should be congratulated on the unbelievable level of service they have achieved. From every individual at the desk, the concierge, the doormen, chauffeurs, butlers, housekeeping and wonderful restaurant staff you commitment to service, friendliness, and genuine caring for you patrons is second to none (please forgive me if i missed anyone).

I want to send special thanks to Edwin, Magdalena, Claire, Warren, Jason, and the Doorman (who's name has slipped my mind) in specifically who made such an outstanding impression on us, please forgive me if I missed anyone in particular, you where all fantastic!

I could go on and on about the individual acts of superior service but am limited by this site, in summary, it's my opinion that if you have the option to stay at the Wellesley you would be crazy to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Josephine Baker and Louis Armstrong suites, both lovely. I get the impression that all suites will be outstanding.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank HLMToronto
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you very much for this wonderful feedback, it makes me so proud to be part of The Wellesley Family. I am delighted that we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable and to look after you and your lovely family, after your first initial inconvenience. I have shared your fantastic comments with the rest of the team and once again thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.