The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #309 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I can't fault this hotel. From the moment I checked in to the moment I left, I felt welcome & looked after. I stayed in a junior suite which was very spacious, comfortable & stylish. The bathroom was gorgeous, the room service was quick & delicious, & the on-demand movies were a bonus after a long day of sightseeing. The location is so central - straight across the road from Hyde Park & the tube station, & only a brief walk to Buckingham Palace. The staff were professional, friendly & helpful - I particularly appreciated the early check-in they arranged for me and the complementary car service was one of the highlights of my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
sampeiRoma, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comments.

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at the Wellesley Hotel. We always strive to achieve the highest level of service possible, and I am very happy that you had an amazing experience with us.

I look forward to personally welcome you back.

Kind regards

Stefano Lodi

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stopped at The Wellesley for a two night romantic break and we weren't dissapointed in any way. The staff, the food, the friendliness was all top class and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone! We had a one bedroom suite over looking Hyde Park which lovely.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark T
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience on Trip Advisor. Our aim is to provide an excellent service to our guests and we are delighted we have succeeded on this occasion. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

i was in london for 18 days,the first 5 days i was staying at the Bulgari and thought of trying another hotel after my 4 day visit at friend's in Surrey.I discover Wellesley hotel with a high review score on Agoda.com.I am glad that i have made that choice.the hotel is strategically located next to hyde park corner tube station and only 10 mins walk to Harrods Knightsbridge and 15mins to Marble arch and towards greens park(old bond street).there bus stop too in front of the hotel if you're tired walking.Enough about the location.i was greeted nicely upon arrival buy the receptionist.I was lead to the bar section for a welcome drink..off course choose tea ,since i am in london.the room are clean as i expected for a 5 star hotel,the bathroom floor are heated..they win my heart but this hotel win my heart further for having a nice cigar lounge,the bartenders and the waiter are superb..They remember my drinks and my son..You have everything in the room accept for bathtub and coffee service which you you have to request ,i think,you will be driven in a rolls royce any where appx 1.5km,which i didn't take as i love to walk whenever i am in london,if you are feeling lazy to go out their restaurant oval are also not too bad.I would like to thank the team of staff that makes my 6 nights stay,a brilliant one..one of the best hotel around hyde park for it's class...value for my money.i will definitely come back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

I really appreciate your wonderful feedback and I am happy that we were able to fulfil your expectation during your 6 day stay here at The Wellesley, and will be delighted to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Wellesley is a lovely 5 star hotel in the heart of London. It's about an 8 minute walk to either Buckingham Palace or Harrods, but there's not too much immediately around it. There is butler service and car service if they are available. The rooms are beautifully appointed ... small, but lovely. The only negative is that there is a Cigar Lounge in the lobby, and if you don't like the smell of cigars you won't like the smell of the hotels and hallways. Luckily the smell doesn't permeate the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie L

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our service. We really hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a birthday and everyone was amazing in helping to plan. Less than 2 minute walk to Hyde Park and less than 10 to Harrods.

We stayed in the 2 bedroom Ella Fitzroy Suite (102 and 103) with Hyde Park Views. The rooms and bathrooms are large and immaculately clean and the decor is breath-taking. We were greeted with a platter of fruits which were delicious and replaced daily. The bedroom slippers are the most comfortable I have ever worn!

The receptionist The butlers were all so pleasant and really put our needs first, whether it was ironing or needing help with something. Ismail, Nicole and Dimitri were our butlers for the duration of our 3 night stay. They helped wrap the gifts and even brought up the balloons and gifts at exactly midnight. We had a cake delivery to the hotel and they handled all of it, serving it beautifully with candles and sparklers. We ate at the Oval restaurant and I am now in love with scallops! The portion sizes are large, so is very good value for money. I would like to say thank you for the man that showed us the penthouse suite (forgotten your name, sorry), you were very informative and kind.The Rolls Royce was a perfect ride, and a lovely way to end our stay. The driver was lovely and even let us ride for a few extra minutes, also had a great conversation with him.

The Wellesley is the perfect secret in London and I will definitely be coming back

Room Tip: Hyde Park View is worth the money
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mide1Ogu
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

What a great feedback. Thank you so much for your fantastic comments and all team is delighted by your wonderful words. We are happy that we were able to be part of your special celebration and that we helped you to make it a success. We really hope to see you soon back at The Wellesley so that we will have another opportunity to look after you and your family.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our weekend at The Wellesley was our best experience of a London Hotel to date. Incredible service from doormen to reception all the way through to Ismail our butler and his very thoughtful turn down service spreading rose petals and a single red rose on our bed accompanied by a very tasty cake. We had booked a junior suite (302) overlooking Hyde Park which was a good size for a boutique hotel and had an incredible view (we could see the Horseguards parade through the park) beautifully decorated, great big,comfy bed, beautiful marble bathroom with big bath and shower. The car service is fantastic and both drivers were great, knowledgeable and very polite. We enjoyed a cigar in the outdoor smoking room which even at 11pm on a stormy February was nice and warm and were provided with a great tutorial on picking a cigar from the resident specialist. There were a few small glitches (i ordered a paper but one didn't arrive, towels were taken and not replaced until we called the butler) but nothing to get upset about and anything we needed was provided within 5 minutes of a phone call to the butler or concierge. Overall i can safely say i think this will be our new home away from home when we are in London in the future. Thanks to all the staff at The Wellesley for making us feel so welcome and providing a truly bespoke service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DS84
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review of The Wellesley following your recent visit to the hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and your comment has been shared with our staff and thank you for the special mention of Ismail.
We are glad to read that you wish to return and we hope to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

London's 2007 ban on cigarette and cigar smoking in public places makes it difficult for a gentleman to enjoy the odd Cohiba or other fine cigar on special occasions. There are several quite nice 'cigar bars' as they are called in London, mostly outdoors - protected by shrubs or discreet partitions (in other words you are subject to the elements - more or less.) This past November a friend of mine invited me to have a smoke at the Churchill cigar bar ('terrace') in the quite new Wellesley Hotel in Knightsbridge. I hadn't been to this establishment before but....as he knew that I liked all things 'Art Deco' - this was the place! I was very impressed by the discreet entrance, the warm reception by the hotels personnel - then we were quickly escorted to the Churchill. The surroundings are lovely, comfortable and again discreet. Once seated we were advised that there was a 'minimum charge' (once I looked at the cigar list how could you NOT spend at least the minimum?) Maybe that advisory policy should change! The attendant showed us the list, I was sufficiently impressed so asked to be taken to the humidors, which he promptly did. I was surprised and duly impressed to see a beautifully carved wooden box with a hand-painted portrait of Don Alejandro Robaina, one of the most famous Cuban tobacco growers EVER! When I mentioned to the attendant that I just returned from this mans 'farm' in CUBA - he immediately stood to attention and went over almost every cigar that was in inventory. He asked if I wouldn't consider 'consulting' for them (ha ha, thought I.) The selection of CUBAN cigars was incredible up to and including their £3,000 each Cohiba Behike cigars! Needless to say we spent the 'minimum' (I had a great £100 cigar, after-all and so did my friend.) A wonderful experience to be repeated again on my next trip back to London! A classy joint!

Room Tip: I didn't stay i the hotel - only visited the Cigar bar.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Don R
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. We are very proud of our cigar collection and we are delighted you appreciated it as well. We really hope that you will return to our property during your next visit to London, and hopefully you will experience all our other hotel facilities.