“Fantastic room - late check in”

The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #279 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic room - late check in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a trip to London for my girlfriend's 30th birthday and were pleased that our room had been upgraded. We arrived at the hotel 30mins early and our room was not ready so we decided to enjoy some lunch in the lovely terrace with open fire and heaters. The pizza we had was ok if a little soggy. We were disappointed when the receptionist came to tell us our room was still not ready. An hour after check in time we went to see for ourselves but told the room was still not ready and we were given the tour to waste some time. There was no attempt to make this up to us. This would not usually be too much of an issue but we had booked a trip on the British Pullman and needed to get ready. When we did get into our room it was fantastic. Lots of mod-cons including a TV in the bathroom. One downside was there no mirror in the "vanity" in the bedroom. One of the upsides to our stay here was being able to make use of the hotel's complimentary Rolls Royce to the train station for our trip which we thoroughly enjoyed! The doorman was lovely and friendly and very helpful!

All in all our stay was pleasant but on this occasion was maybe not the standard we would have expected from a 5 star hotel, although we would certainly consider staying again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
poole
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We booked a 2 night stay at this Hotel and cannot find fault with it. Amazing with wonderful staff and the doormen were very helpful. The room was absolutely spotless and a real credit to the cleaners. Nothing is too much trouble and everyone is extremely helpful. I would not hesitate in recommending The Wellesley to anyone, they would certainly not be disappointed. We loved it so much we have booked again to go in July for a one night stay but wish it could be longer.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
sampeiRoma, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the Hotel and the cleanliness of your room. I am sure our Executive Housekeeper and her team will be thrilled to hear it.

I look forward to welcoming you personally to the Wellesley Hotel in July.

In the meantime, I send you my warmest regards,

Stefano Lodi
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I can't fault this hotel. From the moment I checked in to the moment I left, I felt welcome & looked after. I stayed in a junior suite which was very spacious, comfortable & stylish. The bathroom was gorgeous, the room service was quick & delicious, & the on-demand movies were a bonus after a long day of sightseeing. The location is so central - straight across the road from Hyde Park & the tube station, & only a brief walk to Buckingham Palace. The staff were professional, friendly & helpful - I particularly appreciated the early check-in they arranged for me and the complementary car service was one of the highlights of my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comments.

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at the Wellesley Hotel. We always strive to achieve the highest level of service possible, and I am very happy that you had an amazing experience with us.

I look forward to personally welcome you back.

Kind regards

Stefano Lodi
Farnham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stopped at The Wellesley for a two night romantic break and we weren't dissapointed in any way. The staff, the food, the friendliness was all top class and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone! We had a one bedroom suite over looking Hyde Park which lovely.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark T
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience on Trip Advisor. Our aim is to provide an excellent service to our guests and we are delighted we have succeeded on this occasion. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

i was in london for 18 days,the first 5 days i was staying at the Bulgari and thought of trying another hotel after my 4 day visit at friend's in Surrey.I discover Wellesley hotel with a high review score on Agoda.com.I am glad that i have made that choice.the hotel is strategically located next to hyde park corner tube station and only 10 mins walk to Harrods Knightsbridge and 15mins to Marble arch and towards greens park(old bond street).there bus stop too in front of the hotel if you're tired walking.Enough about the location.i was greeted nicely upon arrival buy the receptionist.I was lead to the bar section for a welcome drink..off course choose tea ,since i am in london.the room are clean as i expected for a 5 star hotel,the bathroom floor are heated..they win my heart but this hotel win my heart further for having a nice cigar lounge,the bartenders and the waiter are superb..They remember my drinks and my son..You have everything in the room accept for bathtub and coffee service which you you have to request ,i think,you will be driven in a rolls royce any where appx 1.5km,which i didn't take as i love to walk whenever i am in london,if you are feeling lazy to go out their restaurant oval are also not too bad.I would like to thank the team of staff that makes my 6 nights stay,a brilliant one..one of the best hotel around hyde park for it's class...value for my money.i will definitely come back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
I really appreciate your wonderful feedback and I am happy that we were able to fulfil your expectation during your 6 day stay here at The Wellesley, and will be delighted to welcoming you back very soon.
Beaconsfield, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Wellesley is a lovely 5 star hotel in the heart of London. It's about an 8 minute walk to either Buckingham Palace or Harrods, but there's not too much immediately around it. There is butler service and car service if they are available. The rooms are beautifully appointed ... small, but lovely. The only negative is that there is a Cigar Lounge in the lobby, and if you don't like the smell of cigars you won't like the smell of the hotels and hallways. Luckily the smell doesn't permeate the rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie L
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our service. We really hope to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a birthday and everyone was amazing in helping to plan. Less than 2 minute walk to Hyde Park and less than 10 to Harrods.

We stayed in the 2 bedroom Ella Fitzroy Suite (102 and 103) with Hyde Park Views. The rooms and bathrooms are large and immaculately clean and the decor is breath-taking. We were greeted with a platter of fruits which were delicious and replaced daily. The bedroom slippers are the most comfortable I have ever worn!

The receptionist The butlers were all so pleasant and really put our needs first, whether it was ironing or needing help with something. Ismail, Nicole and Dimitri were our butlers for the duration of our 3 night stay. They helped wrap the gifts and even brought up the balloons and gifts at exactly midnight. We had a cake delivery to the hotel and they handled all of it, serving it beautifully with candles and sparklers. We ate at the Oval restaurant and I am now in love with scallops! The portion sizes are large, so is very good value for money. I would like to say thank you for the man that showed us the penthouse suite (forgotten your name, sorry), you were very informative and kind.The Rolls Royce was a perfect ride, and a lovely way to end our stay. The driver was lovely and even let us ride for a few extra minutes, also had a great conversation with him.

The Wellesley is the perfect secret in London and I will definitely be coming back

Room Tip: Hyde Park View is worth the money
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mide1Ogu
StefanoLodi, General Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
What a great feedback. Thank you so much for your fantastic comments and all team is delighted by your wonderful words. We are happy that we were able to be part of your special celebration and that we helped you to make it a success. We really hope to see you soon back at The Wellesley so that we will have another opportunity to look after you and your family.