“Conveniently placed pub”

Ranked #3,066 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Description: One of the reasons people visit London is for its fabulous pubs. The London Pub brings this important part of British culture to our liveliest hotel. Our selection of draft beers compares with some of the capital's finest establishments. But this being the Royal National, we decided to give our pub a modern twist. Our food is renowned. High-quality pub classics, such as hand-crafted burgers and our famous fish and chips, are also exceptionally good value. And the atmosphere, relaxed by day and buzzing by night, is precisely what us Brits look for from a pub. But step onto the terrace and you'll find original graffiti by legendary street-artist Copyright.
“Conveniently placed pub”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Cold beer, average food, good location if you stay at the Royal National Hotel. Service was friendly and fairly fast. Good place to eat on your first night in London, then venture further.

Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Auckland
“Avoid”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

While in London on a quick business trip I decided to try a 'traditional pub meal' and I was bitterly disappointed.

Staff were rude and unhelpful, they look almost disgusted when I asked if where I could get some cutlery from...The fish and chips was absolutely awful, you could tell it was some frozen fare as the middle of the fish was still cold (yet fully cooked). The accompanying chips and salads were OK.

When I asked staff for a recommendation on a unique larger to try they just told me to pick anything. I don't even know what I chose, but it was nothing to write home about.

Avoid this place at all costs - my English friends assure me this is not the experience that should be expected. I imagine this place was setup to rip of tourists looking for a quick English experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Josh S
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ok”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

OK for a quick cheapish drink the wine was the cheapest we found and the food reasonable, however the quality was not good so! near hotel but very rowdy and busy especially on a Saturday and they show live football which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you want.

Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Bland Atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The menu is limited and the food is bland and unappealing. The beer is cold but the selection is not extensive. There are better places to go within walking distance.

• Visited June 2013
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“value”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Busy pub with good food of excellent value , and good service .
Can recommend fish and chips , very good value and hot . For a busy pub service was quick and friendly , would eat there again , and will spread the good word to family and friends for sure , thank you .

Visited April 2014