“Great meal and fantastic 'cocktail of the month'”
Review of Primo - CLOSED

Primo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Auckland
“Great meal and fantastic 'cocktail of the month'”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My second visit to Primo (the 1st being just after they opened) and it didn't disappoint. Great service, fantastic food and very nice cocktails! I really like the fact that they check if you are in a hurry or not so they can ensure your choices work with your timeframes. Not sure why this restaurant isn't busier. My only comment would be that they could do with sorting out the phone system, when trying to phone to make a reservation I got directed to their website. It would have been good to have had my booking taken over the phone. Would definitely recommend and go back.

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Disappointed of Rayleigh”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Up until my experience last night I would have agreed with every glowing report of this restaurant. Some friends and I came across this restaurant by chance a couple of months ago and had a superb meal served by attentive and professional staff. We had a repeat visit and again everything was great. So good in fact I decided to use it for our pre theatre meal for a Theatre group I am involved in. I spoke to the restaurant and they assured me they could deal with a group of 30 people arriving at 5.30pm and needing to be in their theatre seats for 7.30pm. We paid a deposit and I let the restaurant know well in advance of our menu choices. When we arrived I spoke to the manager to pay for the balance of the meal as agreed and we had a long "discussion" over the fact that he was also going to take the "discretionary" 12.5% service charge from my debit card then, before we had eaten, because we were a large group and his staff had to work harder. When I assured him my group would voluntarily leave a reasonable tip he agreed to just take for the balance of the meal. The first course soon arrived. Not bad but not brilliant as before. Then we waited and waited and waited for our main courses only to have them delivered barely warm. The vegetables, of which there were barely enough for one serving let alone four as there were on my table, did not arrive until after we had finished. By this time it was around 7.20pm and we had to leave, most of us without the desserts and tea and coffee we had already paid for, and I have to add without leaving a tip, to get to the theatre on time. An extremely disappointing experience given the fact we had ordered in advance so there really should have been no excuse for the delays we experienced. Even more so that people who came in to the restaurant after us where served before us. The waiting staff did their best but I think the kitchen let them down. A real shame it failed so miserably on this occasion as we very likely won't feel the urge to go back any time soon..

Gillingham
“Post theatre dinner”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Booked a table for four for a post theatre dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was exceptional and so was the service. Once the waiter knew that we had already been to the theatre and were in no hurry the experience became very laid back, with no rushing between courses. The staff were very attentive and helpful with ordering and a little bit of good humour/banter, without being over the top was very welcome.

• Visited April 2013
UK
“"OK'”
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Lunchtime meal for two. Sampled the fillet and the rib eye followed by their almond creme brûlée.

Service welcoming and functional. Restaurant is only a few months old so clean and tidy.

Steaks both cooked as requested and both OK. Side order of chips a bit soggy and seasonal vegetables (plural) turned out to be a side of Broccoli. Creme brûlée tasty enough perhaps a bit runny for my preference. All in all 'OK' a fair description.

Some pet annoyances: all side orders separate. Gratuity added directly to the bill - I'm perfectly capable of adding 15% myself.

• Visited May 2013
“Great food, excellent service, good value for money”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We chose this place after looking on trip advisor to find an Italian close to Leicester Square tube station. Thankfully we can confirm the other reviews are accurate, this is great restaurant with great food and attentive staff. Highly recomended.