“Decent value, good location”
Review of Gloucester Hotel

Gloucester Hotel
Gloucester Hotel
Ranked #337 of 558 London B&B and Inns
“Decent value, good location”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our visit didn't start off very well when arriving at midnight and was met with a not so pleasant staff member at check-in. My brother had arrived a few hours before me and when he checked in they made him pay the balance due on the room before they'd give him a key, even though I had paid one night I'm advance and he told them I'd pay the balance when I arrived in a few hours. Not impressed with the front desk service. The Concierge was very friendly and helpful. The room was fine for the price, beds comfortable, but not the cleanest, and definitely lacking in power outlets - there was only one to charge all our devices unless we unplugged the main light. There was an obvious film off dust on the back of the bathtub that was never cleaned the five days we were there and the bathroom floor wasn't cleaned daily. It could be more soundproof as we were woken up by people in the corridors early every morning. The furnishings and decor throughout are extremely outdated but still in good condition. We received a 20% discount for booking 5 nights which made it an acceptable value, if we had to pay the regular rate I would have passed. The business center is the worst I've ever seen, I put £3 into the machine to print a few documents and it didn't work. When I asked the lady for assistance, she told me I didn't out any money in yet. I was in a rush so ended up walking out so frustrated. The wifi is ridiculous at £10 per day. The one thing that was great about this hotel is the location, right across the street from the Gloucester Rd stop so its pretty quick to get wherever you want to go. There's a Starbucks, good pub, casino, and several good restaurants right outside. With a refurbishment, some customer service training and free or less expensive wifi, it has the potential to be a really good hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michelle E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Norrkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 19 July 2013

It was fairly inexpensive but nothing near the Pictures in the description. Worn, broken drawers, elevator out of order, mould in bathroom, window unable to lock, damp stains in cieling. In short a Place I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jan W

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Amsterdam
Reviewed 18 July 2013

At reaching the hotel (which was hard to find) I was perturbed by the neighbor hood and not sure I wanted to stay there. However, the manager and staff were extremely kind and polite. My decision to not change to another property was mainly due to his good attitude and willingness to make us (the guests) happy. The following day, I realized that we had arrived at the hotel from the wrong entrance of the tube entrance and although the neighborhood was not the best, it was quite safe if you used the correct tube entrance. I thank the staff and manage for being so accommodating and nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com