“Brockley Jack Restaurant”

Brockley Jack Public House
Ranked #14,694 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Brockley Jack is right next to The Brockley Jack Theatre, a short walk from Crofton Park Station. This pub offers the traditional English pub experience, with a choice of real ales and great pub food
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I visited the Brockley Jack for evening dinner twice in one week. One occasion was with a party of 11 friends/colleagues which was booked well in advance. The second visit was with my family - a party of six, booked just a few days in advance. Despite being told that the restaurant was very busy and fearing it would be crowded and noisy, this was not so. I think the reason for this is that plenty of time is allowed for each party. On both occasions the food and service was of a good standard. One point arose when my grandson, who has a severe allergy to nuts, ordered profiteroles (which looked lovely) but, on checking, we were told that there were indeed nuts in the caramel. So they could not be eaten! (we were not charged for these). Perhaps, for safety's sake, anything containing nuts could be shown as such on the menu.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I visited Brockley Jack to have Christmas dinner after booking the table earlier at 4pm. When I went to the bar to order the food I was told that I would have to book in advance. I explained that I never saw that advertised. The Barman said it is advertised near the table. When I asked how I could book a Christmas dinner he said I cannot do it now because it has to be booked a week in advance and the deal ends on Sunday. I enquired on the Tuesday four whole days before the Christmas dinner ends. What a nonsense. He saw I was disappointed and never offered any other alternative or even try to meet me half way. He really showed me that they were not bothered about me being disappointed. Customer Service on this occasion not good. They should have been more active in giving clear instructions about filling in a form and paying a deposit and booking one week in advance. What an ordeal for a Christmas meal.

1  Thank princess777uk
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Went to the Brockley Jack for our annual Christmas volunteers dinner. As manager of a charity shop I organised the dinner at the Jack what a lovely evening three course dinner,crackers and party poppers on the table,service quick and efficient. Then the big surprise Sarah and Louis with there team charged as only for two courses and donated there tip back to Cancer Research Uk what a brilliant gesture. Thank you so much. Can not recommend The Brockley Jack highly enough just brill.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend thought we would try a different pub to our usual and chose this place as it's local. Now I feel like I have been missing out all this time. It's nice and cosy with good decor, the staff were really nice and the food was good too. I was pleasantly impressed. Came on a Friday and wished they stayed open later than 11, but overall, very good experience.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This has become a real treasure in our local area. We have had several meals there now and never been disappointed. Then we combine this with a local pint that can be taken into the theatre to watch a show - we did that last night when we watched the Merchant of Venice. Absolutely wicked.