“Food okay, but lovely service.”

Brockley Jack Public House
Ranked #10,648 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Brockley Jack is right next to The Brockley Jack Theatre, a short walk from Crofton Park Station. This pub offers the traditional English pub experience, with a choice of real ales and great pub food
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I use to be a regular at this pub but then started using the restaurant with my family, I've always found the food okay. Sometimes it's a bit hit and miss but nothing terrible. Service is always good and I really enjoy the interior of the restaurant.

The garden is very nice to have a pint in during the summer.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Not been here for years although live pretty near. Busy earlier on at Sunday lunchtime and may have to wait for food to arrive but good honest food and smart decor. Decent pint too.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Brockley Jack is my local. I have two children (3 and 6). Unfortunately the two don't go together! On a recent visit my kids were observing the big Christmas tree that they have. They came back to the table excitely to tell me about it. When they had gone back to the tree the barman came over to me to tell me that the kids were to sit at the table, and not be moving around the bar. I couldn't believe it (and neither could the kids). When I informed the barman that I would write a review to highlght to other parents that the Brockley Jack doesn't welcome kids, he said that's fine, and he would look forward to reading it. Well here it is.

If you have kids there are other more child-friendly establishments in the area. Avoid the Jack.

8  Thank LuckiestPapa
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I visited the Brockley Jack for evening dinner twice in one week. One occasion was with a party of 11 friends/colleagues which was booked well in advance. The second visit was with my family - a party of six, booked just a few days in advance. Despite being told that the restaurant was very busy and fearing it would be crowded and noisy, this was not so. I think the reason for this is that plenty of time is allowed for each party. On both occasions the food and service was of a good standard. One point arose when my grandson, who has a severe allergy to nuts, ordered profiteroles (which looked lovely) but, on checking, we were told that there were indeed nuts in the caramel. So they could not be eaten! (we were not charged for these). Perhaps, for safety's sake, anything containing nuts could be shown as such on the menu.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I visited Brockley Jack to have Christmas dinner after booking the table earlier at 4pm. When I went to the bar to order the food I was told that I would have to book in advance. I explained that I never saw that advertised. The Barman said it is advertised near the table. When I asked how I could book a Christmas dinner he said I cannot do it now because it has to be booked a week in advance and the deal ends on Sunday. I enquired on the Tuesday four whole days before the Christmas dinner ends. What a nonsense. He saw I was disappointed and never offered any other alternative or even try to meet me half way. He really showed me that they were not bothered about me being disappointed. Customer Service on this occasion not good. They should have been more active in giving clear instructions about filling in a form and paying a deposit and booking one week in advance. What an ordeal for a Christmas meal.

1  Thank princess777uk